Washington DC this weekend?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by akinsgre, May 8, 2014.

1. akinsgre

akinsgre Pianissimo User

Nov 16, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm going to be in DC this weekend. Any good Jazz going on Saturday night? I'll be staying near Dupont Circle. So something convenient to that, or close to the Metro.

2. Sturmbill

Sturmbill Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2004
    Virginia
    Blues Ally is a great p[lace to go. Here is their schedule: Blues Alley - Events and Show Listings

You also have the Army Blues, the Jazz Ambassadors, The Commodores and Airmen of Note there in DC, but you would need to check their websites to see if and when they are playing. And then there is always the Washington Post listings: Music Events

Enjoy your trip!

Bill

3. akinsgre

akinsgre Pianissimo User

Nov 16, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Blues Alley looks awesome. Unfortunately no shows Sat night.

However, Arturo Sandoval next weekend! I should have planned my trip better :-(

Thanks for the link to the Wash Post listings.. Looks like I should have planned a little father in advance.

4. Sturmbill

Sturmbill Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2004
    Virginia
    Hmmm, I thought AZAR LAWRENCE QUINTET was there the 9th and 10th... 8 & 10 pm both nights.

5. RicardoStalwart

RicardoStalwart Pianissimo User

Aug 20, 2012
    Maryland
    Man I would have told you to see Christian Scott (Atunde Adjuah) at the Bohemian Caverns MAy 9th and the 10th; This guy is on fire!!! If your in the area next month, Roy Hargrove is also coming down to the Hamilton Live/ Ron Carter is coming at the end of the month 2.