Water on lead pipie

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by alant, Dec 8, 2013.

1. alant

alant Pianissimo User

Aug 18, 2009
    Rochdale UK
    Any one had the same problem...i have an Ambassador and it would appear that water is passing betwen the lead pipe and tuning slide. I have greased the slide heavy and its till happens. At first i thought it was condensation but i put tape around it and it stopped. I think that the lead pipe it taking the grease off the tunnnig slide as i put it back in. Any ideas?

2. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Ask a tech.

3. alant

alant Pianissimo User

Aug 18, 2009
    Rochdale UK
    Lets hope a tech sees my question then.

4. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Watching the thread with interest. My old 22B NY Symphony does the same thing - a few small drops of water sometimes appear. It feels OK to play, there's no sound of air escaping, the tuning slide seems like a good fit, so I don't think of the moisture as a problem.

5. alant

alant Pianissimo User

Aug 18, 2009
    Rochdale UK
    That is exactly the same just a few drops.

6. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    One of the tubes is just a tiny bit out of round..... I'm guessing... Trumpetsplus?

7. cyber_shake

cyber_shake Mezzo Forte User

Jun 16, 2006
    The 'Nati
    take it to a tech ... dont wait for one here, as they need your horn(s) in their hands. could use one of hetman's thicker slide grease formulas if you dont want have easy access to a tech.

8. motteatoj

motteatoj Mezzo Forte User

Feb 23, 2013
    Tuckahoe, NY
    Selmer Red grease is super gooey and good for this, although I suspect (cause it happened to me too) that either something is out of round or there is a leak in a solder connection near.

9. Zeé

Zeé Pianissimo User

Aug 22, 2010
    I had a horn that'd weep that way a bit with an aftermarket tuning slide, fixed using hpa lanolin as tuning slide grease (can get at target in the baby section). That stuff is is super thick.

10. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    had a Bach that weeped out of the top tuning slide, a trip to my favorite tech and in less than a minute all was well. he slightly expanded the inner slide tube, an easy fix.