Water through the bell

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Gabriel Michael, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Darten

Darten Mezzo Piano User

Dec 21, 2009
    New York City
    I thought it was funny... but then again I think most things are funny.

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    That's funny Darten!

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    It looks like a tailored shower curtain. So maybe... .:D

4. Gabriel Michael

Gabriel Michael New Friend

Apr 24, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I am in Bob Odneal's college band and he's pretty tight with Doc, so perhaps I can ask. Doc will be in Houston the beginning of May. If I get to meet him, I'll inquire...if I can remember to speak in front of the guy.

I'm not phased by comments. Not to make a statement or prove my macho abilities (?), but I'm a Marine. The OP is a simple example of ambiguity gone bad.

5. Dave Hughes

Dave Hughes Mezzo Forte User

Oct 19, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Ya man, why so cranky? So, anyway, this guy walks into a bar with a giraffe....

6. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    Yes I do know how to use a water key and yes when Im playing hard a small drip of water may at times run out of the bell. Its normal for me and a lot of others too I think. Yes I have a sense of humor and no, if I dont have anything nice to say I try to remember to bite my toung. Best wishes .

7. Dave Hughes

Dave Hughes Mezzo Forte User

Oct 19, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Bravo, brother! Ya, I too have water out the bell- never really concerned me.

8. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    I get water out of the bell pretty much every time I practice long enough and don't give a hoot about it. There are enough other things to pay attention to...

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I get water out the bell, and a lot of times have to dump the 3rd valve slide as it has no spit valve on it.

10. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    yep same here. water out of the bell. Someone here even posted how to do that instead of pulling the third valve slide.. pointing the horn up and blowing then pointing it down..and blwing some more.... he said to remove the mouthpiece but I really never needed to do that. I wonder if this happens because of a combination of humidity in the air and the moisture in our lungs...
    so what happens to the giraffe in the bar? :)