Wayne Bergeron - MacArthur Park

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Catchops, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Local 357

Local 357 Banned

Jul 1, 2011
    Sorry but I gotta take ya apart for this one. First and foremost:

Not all trumpet players can play forward jaw. So the statement is impossible.

Well it is LIMITED by the jaw positioning most of the time. The forward jaw player usually has his upper lip limited in motion. can not penetrate the mouthpiece as far. Situated like this it can not emit the full tonal spectrum. A fact that drives some upstream cats nuts.

As high as he can usually play the forwards jaw trumpet player can not get a tone as big as Maynards.

2. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    Not for the 4th. I played the National Anthem for a ceremony where my town's recreation department retired Nic O'Brien's jersey. He was a young marine recently KIA in Afghanistan. Nic went to the same high school as me but years after I graduated.

I also played a patriotic church service on Sunday morning.

My next game is July 14th for the Charlotte Knights. July 20th for the Hickory Crawdads. I am going to start taking more dates to improve myself as a performer. Nothing builds the nerves like standing in front of thousands of people while performing alone.

3. tiny tim

tiny tim New Friend

Dec 16, 2003
    Oxford & Lausanne, Switz
    Yep, Bill Chase and Maynard were the ticket. Check out Bill's solo on 'Weird Song'. Talk about nailing it. He goes absolutely sonic after the halfway point.

4:25 onwards, I defy you to not have 220v's down your spine. Respect. And the cats in back row nailing it too. Respect

Bill Chase "Live" "Weird Song"'74 - YouTube

4. PINCHUNO

PINCHUNO Piano User

Apr 4, 2005
    Tenerife
    I'm sorry, but Eric is the nearest thing to Maynard nowadays. Have you heard his Pleiades album, or any of his recent work? Phenomenal.

5. watchguy44

watchguy44 Pianissimo User

Jul 10, 2010
    Illinois
    Both Wayne and Eric took some of that "stuff" from Maynard, and using it well. I think its too close to call yet.:-?