Wayne Bergeron

Discussion in 'Jazz / Commercial' started by Bear, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    So no polls or questions on this thread, sry folxs. I just wanted to express my amazement at hearing this fellow. I just listend to his first solo release album titled "You Call This A Living". Man, it is impeccable! Lead players are a dime a dozen, but players that are this tight, clean, and controlling are diamonds in a rough. I strongly suggest all you "lead players" pick up his ablum. It's a great tool for preppin' the ears on style, control, and lots of other useful tidbits. Remember, there is more to trumpet than high notes, but man, are they soo much fun!

P.S. If you've seen the new movie "The Incredibles". Mr. Bergeron is the lead on that soundtrack, great stuff.

P.S.S. I just realized this is posted in the SCM section of this website. I am not sure why and I do not know how to fix. Sry folxs.

2. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    I was just about to ask why you'd posted it here, especially when there's probably nobody worth paying attention to on this site that would debate with anything you just said

3. trptbenge

trptbenge Pianissimo User

Jan 15, 2004
    Atlanta
    Wayne is an incredible player. I was listening last night to a rebroadcast of his interview on www.jazzplayerradio.com and found out something I didn't know. On the game show Jeopardy the trumpet solo you hear during final Jeopardy is Wayne playing cornet. The CD "You Call This a Living", was nominated for a Grammy. The best thing about his range is that he sounds so musical in the upper register. It is one thing to scream and sound screechy and another thing to really play up there.

Mike