Wayne Bergeron

Discussion in 'Jazz / Commercial' started by ertatta, Apr 27, 2005.

1. ertatta

ertatta New Friend

Oct 19, 2004
    texas
    i just felt compelled to convey the wonderful experience i had hangin with wayne this past weekend. he was here in san antonio as the featured artist for a local jazz festival and so i took the opprotunity to catch lunch and play for him. it turned out to be a very enlightening experience in so many ways! wayne has to be the most gracious, dignified, egoless, and kind musician i've ever come across. i come from more of an orchestral/classical background, but after hearing so much praise on this and other forums and hearing his artistry on record, i knew he'd have something to offer me. i also got a kick out of hearing his many stories realting to his vast studio experience in LA and other parts of the country. waynes praise and respect for his colleauges was so sincere, that i now have a new found appreciation for those musicians i work with on a regular basis.
    either way, wayne has to be the most tasteful and creative lead player i've heard in my life.. a true artist of great musical integrity!
    e

2. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    I'll second that, lol. He's a beast... if only.... What I would give, lol.

3. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Wayne Chops

Wayne was just here in Phoenix last Friday. He played a fund raiser for local young man that is in need of a liver transplant. I understand the benefit was a great success.

This was the first time I heard Wayne live.... you know you are in for a treat when the hairs on your arm stand on end when he starts playing.... the rest is just pure joy. :-)

If any of you have a chance... go hear Wayne live!!! :cool:

Buy his new CD too.... great solid playing. High notes... are high solid notes and not squeaky doors closing... :lol:

4. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Agreed........In addition to his latest CD, I also just picked up the first 2 Gordon Goodwin Big Phat Band CD's...................

Wayne is playing lead on most of the cuts.

Incredible playing.

5. KJaeger

KJaeger Pianissimo User

Oct 27, 2004
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Did anyone catch the American Idol Finale this week? Someone mentioned that they recognized Wayne and Rick Baptist playing trumpet in the orchestra for both nights of the Finale. Would make sense, because I remember noticing how great the trumpets sounded!

EDIT: OK, read elsewhere that it was someone else - my wife has the video so I'll have to go back and check...