Wayne Bergeron's New CD

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by DubbaCTrumpetMSU, Jan 10, 2007.

1. DubbaCTrumpetMSU

DubbaCTrumpetMSU Mezzo Piano User

Dec 29, 2006
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I don't know how many here follow Wayne and have heard his playing, but most of you probably have and just didn't know it..with the millions of soundtracks he's played....anyway, for those that have, his new CD, "Plays Well With Others" is now available, and it's a great one. It's nice to see stuff like this still being released...I love this guy and his diversity...he's as much at home in a sweet ballad as he is 2 octaves above the staff. Anyway, just a note for those who were thinking about getting the CD, go for it! His duet with Maynard, "Maynard and Waynard" is pretty good. It's simply...good music. Anyway...his wife plays along with him, which probably not many people know. And from what I heard on the trumpet section behind him, she's a great player herself. Anyway, I would definitely recommend anyone who loves the big band stuff to pick this CD up. Any other people here already got it?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  2. trptbenge

trptbenge Pianissimo User

Jan 15, 2004
    Atlanta
    I got home from work this afternoon and was excited to see the copy of Wayne Bergerons new CD waiting for me. It is a superb CD - even better then his first Grammy Nominated CD, "You Call This a Living". The recording quality is better and Wayne continues to be amazing - not only because of his upper register ability but also because of his total command of his instrument.

He plays a duet with Maynard on "Maynard and Waynard". He also plays a favorite of mine that was recorded by one of best players ever to pick up a horn Conrad Gozzo "You Go to My Head". Every piece on the CD has wonderful playing by Wayne. Maynard once said Wayne was the most musical lead player he ever had and this CD clearly supports Maynards statement.

The musicians on this CD are as good as you will hear anywhere. I would highly recommend this CD. It is a must for every trumpet players collection.

Mike

3. DubbaCTrumpetMSU

Dec 29, 2006
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Thanks for the comments, Mike. I wholeheartedly agree. He is simply amazing, from his lead stuff to his flugel ballads-I agree...he might be on his way to WIN a Grammy with this one...

Russ

4. KJaeger

KJaeger Pianissimo User

Oct 27, 2004
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Cool - I was waiting for this to be released on Amazon!!!

Excuse me while I go spend some more money :lol:

5. DubbaCTrumpetMSU

Dec 29, 2006
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Haha..very nice! Money well spent...

6. Thermos

Thermos Pianissimo User

Jul 15, 2006
    I didn't know his wife played in the section! Very cool!

Great CD!

You can get it on iTunes as well for those who can't find it in stores easily.

Edit: anyone know who else is in the band? Based on the first CD, I'm guessing rick baptist, andy martin, eric merienthal, Tom Kubis, and others, but i'm not sure.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  7. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    I pre-ordered mine months ago. I bet it will be in the mail today or tomorrow since you all got yours.

The other day I was listening to Wayne's other CD in the band room. One of my students said; "you really love that guy don't you!" to which I replied; "When I grow up I want to play like Wayne." (Considering I'm older than he is that might be kind of hard!)

8. trmptr

trmptr Pianissimo User

May 10, 2005
    Bemidji, MN
    Definitely good stuff. He's amazing!

9. DubbaCTrumpetMSU

Dec 29, 2006
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Thermos,
    Here are the other trumpet players...

Gary Grant
    Larry Hall
    Larry Lunetta
    Warren Luening
    Dan Fornero
    Deb Wagner(his wife)
    Rick Baptist
    Dennis Farias

Makes for a great section...they're all kind of mixed in, track wise. Anyway, what a great CD!

Russ

10. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    I just got the mail and it was not here :-( .

Maybe tomorrow! :-)