WE SWEEEPED THEM!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trmpt_chica, Oct 16, 2005.

1. trmpt_chica

trmpt_chica New Friend

Jun 29, 2005
    CALIFORNIA BABY!
    Hello ya'll! its me Rebecca a.k.a. Trumpet chica!! Guess what?? okay everyone remebers me as the young trumpet player who was nervous about marching band and wasnt very sure about going into high school.....well Savanna mighty marching Rebel band has been working our butts off......we practiced on such hot days that we could barley had sound coming out of our instruments....weve practiced alomst everyday of every week since August......It payed off! OUR FIRST TOURNAMENT! WE GOT SWEEPS! WE SWEEPED 20 other bands!! We scored 324.5 on music sweep then about a 90 on overall band sweeep! WE EVEN BEAT THE 6a bands and were a 5a band! OUR FIRST TOURNAMENT! i thought to tell u guys i owe you big for telling me advice to stay in band! Thank YOU SOO MUCH! our band hasnt sweeped at their first tournament since 4 yrs ago when the original band director was still there, and all the seniors remeber it! but its our turn to come into our own light! Thank you once again for everything Manny and Ringo!! thank you everyone for the advice! I CANT WAIT FOR YOU GUYS TO SEE US AT CHAMPIONSHIPS! :-P thank you again!

~rebecca~

2. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Piano User

Nov 30, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    "Swept"

3. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Dear Rebecca,

It's always heartening to hear from you and while I never participated in marching, it's great to hear how excited you are over your band's recent triumph.

Glad to hear your band swept their way into your school's musical history books!

ML

4. trmpt_chica

trmpt_chica New Friend

Jun 29, 2005
    CALIFORNIA BABY!
    oh whoops im still really excited! i cant spell right when im really happy :D

5. TrumpetsAreFun

TrumpetsAreFun Pianissimo User

Aug 28, 2005
    California
    Which tournament were you guys in?

6. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    congrats Rebecca,

I can see the excitment in your writting.

stick with it, hard work usually always pays off.

7. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Well, the secret's out... now you all know who the fifth Beatle really was!

ML

8. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    But did you have the long hair?

(Never mind........I've seen your afro..........)

;-)

9. trmpt_chica

trmpt_chica New Friend

Jun 29, 2005
    CALIFORNIA BABY!
    Valencia field tournament

Guess what everyone? i have to try out to be in a parade tournament, cause most Freshman are in 2nd period band, and the upperclassman are in 4th period, 4period is automaticlly in to the parade band, WE HAVE TO TRY OUT! The parade music is "Zatcatecas" very catchy tune but sorta hard with all the note changes in sixteenth notes.......*sigh* :huh: wats wrong with Freshman..... ARG! :bash: everyone wish me luck....
    ~rebecca~

P.S. you guys are quiet comical together ;-)