Weak mouth

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TrumpetsAreFun, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Lest I be so rude to all that jumped to my defense when they had the same impression: Thank you for sticking your necks out on my behalf unnecessarily because of my mistake.

ML

2. TrumpetsAreFun

TrumpetsAreFun Pianissimo User

Aug 28, 2005
    California
    Ok... sorry about that... I'm gonna stop

EDIT: I was scared to read the last 14 replies because i thought ppl were going to flame me like heck and i posted that reply on top ^. So... hahahahaha...? :oops:

3. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Huh?

ML

4. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA

5. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    I also had no idea there was a "Big 5 Sporting Goods store"

Time to take a break and practice more................

6. TrumpetsAreFun

Aug 28, 2005
    California
    I am 14 years old and I have been playing for 3 years.

7. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Thank you for the information. There are many folks on here from California. Perhaps they can help you find a suitable teacher in your area of Cali. You are at an age where you should be taking lessons if you want to improve and for the trumpet to continue to be fun for you. So, in light of your original question, take everyone's advice and search out help in the form of private lessons. Sure, you can learn a lot from reading these forums (so please don't be scared anymore....LOL), but when it comes to the type of physical problem you are asking about, the only sure way to correct it is to have someone guide you in person. Good luck!

8. Billy B

Billy B Pianissimo User

Nov 5, 2004
    Des Moines, IA
    TAF,

Where do you live in California? Perhaps we can direct you to a good teacher to help you.

Why do you think you have a "weak mouth"?

9. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    Well I'll be, that turned out to be a big pointless shitfit didn't it :)
    -Jarrett

10. TrumpetsAreFun

Aug 28, 2005
    California
    I live in Alhambra, Near Los Angeles.

One day i asked my band director/teacher about my throat closing up when I'm trying to play high and he told me to try to separate my teeth wider. Anyways the space between my teeth are like half an inch. The question turned into my embochure and i told him that my embochure moves but when i played he said my embochure didnt move. I told him when im playing longer the right side of my mouth moves downward and he said its probably because of a weak embochure.