"Wedding Band" Horn Charts...

Discussion in 'Jazz / Commercial' started by rms573, Mar 12, 2005.

1. rms573

rms573 New Friend

Feb 8, 2005
    Does anybody know if there is a website where you can purchase horn charts for a lot of "Wedding Band" type music? The last band I was playing with I was doing all the transcribing from the albums...very time consuming considering the hundreds of songs. This time around I'd like to avoid that as much as possible.

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    I play in a wedding/party band and we have a book of over 300 charts. At the moment, about 230 of them have horn parts. Guess what? These charts were painstakingly put together over years and years, mostly by the leader of the band who is quite talented when it comes to writing, arranging, and transcribing music. To give you an idea of where he comes from as an arranger, he took arranging lessons from Hank Levy for quite a while. (several years, I think) There are a few charts that were put together by someone else, but Justin did most of them himself.

I'm not sure if any of that stuff is commercially available, but I would tend to think that with all of the time our band leader puts into putting a new chart together, I would tend to think that he'd buy them if he could.

3. ALLCHOPS

ALLCHOPS Piano User

Nov 14, 2003
    Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
    Charts!

You should try to contact Kevin Seeley @ www.seeleymusic.com

He has an extensive list of songs charted from 2 horn - 5 horn arrangements as well as some rhythm charts too...

He may or may not be able to work something out...

Good luck,
    Tony G

4. bobbybreeze

bobbybreeze New Friend

May 26, 2008
    Try "Cool Breeze Music". This site features nearly 700 charts, mostly for three horns, but many for 4-6, or 2. Most have rhythm parts. The overall focus is on the types of popular music horn bands play at weddings. Charts are emailed in .pdf format. PayPal is accepted. The charts look beautiful and sound great! If you Google "Cool Breeze Music" the site should come up near the top. The .url isn't easy to remember.

Good luck!

5. trumpetfunk

trumpetfunk New Friend

Mar 28, 2007
    Toronto
    I've PM'd you about some charts that I have arranged.

Check your messages for my email contact info.

:play:

6. jamiepompey

jamiepompey New Friend

Mar 23, 2013