Wedding gig music

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpettrax, Jul 16, 2006.

1. trumpettrax

trumpettrax Piano User

Mar 18, 2006
    Texas
    What is some traditional wedding music that is played during the wedding i.e. fanfares etc? I'm looking for for intermediate stuff (not too hard) for keyboard/piano and trumpet.

Thanks,

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    trumpettrax wrote:
    Send a PM to Brian Moon.

-cw-

3. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    This is my all time favorite fanfare. If you can't play it that high you could always transpose it into a key that you can play, and rewrite the last 4 measures. I play those last 4 meausres up an octave, but how you play it would be up to you.

In a lower key it would not really be that difficult and it would probably make you a better player.

[​IMG]

4. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Hopefully Alex will get back on this...she plays alot of them. Check out "The Trumpet Wedding Book" by Chuck Seipp. It has the Abblasen, and much, much more, comes with an organ part and second trumpet parts. Parts are written for C trumpet, and piccolo in A (transposed). Includes: Trumpet Voluntary (Clarke), voluntaries by Stanley andd Charpentier as well, La Rejoussance from Water Music, Prelude to Te Deum, Wagner Bridal Chorus, Trumpet Tunes by Fischer and Purcell, Mouret Rondeau, Mendellsohn Wedding March (from Midsummer Night's Dream), Joyful, Joyful (Beethoven 9th theme, commonly used from a hymnal), Bach: Bist du bei Mir, Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, Sheep May Safely Graze, Wachet Auf; Frank Panis Angelicus; Schubert Ave Maria; Vaughan Williams Rhosymedre. $30 includes solo trumpet, trumpet 2 and organ parts, spiral bound and covered with one of those nice clear plastic covers. Great bargain, great collection.

The address on the front of the book is:
    CJ Seipp Music Publications
    609 N. Florida St.
    Arlington, VA 22203

He also has made a CD you can use, but I didn't buy it thinking I would make my own. (It's on the to-do list!) If you buy it, I don't recommend distributing full copies...some bride looking to save bucks can just get a CD player and use it instead of you.

5. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

It's all easy for me man. :-P