Wedding Music

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by nplotts1, Aug 5, 2007.

1. nplotts1

nplotts1 Fortissimo User

Aug 5, 2007
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Where are some good places to find wedding music? I have been searching online and all I can seem to find is piano or organ arrangements. I dont mind having to transpose it from piano, but I would rather just get the music for trumpet. I am also aware that C trumpet seems to be the trumpet to use, but until I am able to afford one I have no problem transposing to my Bb.

2. JustinSmith

JustinSmith Piano User

Nov 6, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Hi nplotts1,

These books are a good start. They are trumpet/organ music often played at weddings, although i have played them with just a piano as well. It is pretty much some standard literture for trumpet wedding gigs.

Classical Wedding, the (Masterpiece Selections for Organ and Trumpet)
    Contents:
    Ave Maria
    Bist du Be Mir
    Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
    La Rejouissance
    Prince of Denmark's March
    Rondeau and Fanfares
    Sleepers Awake
    Trumpet Voluntary
    Trumpet Voluntary in C
    Wedding March

Joyous Wedding, the (Classic Selections for Organ and Trumpet)
    Contents:
    Air (from Water Music)
    Aria (from Cantata No. 1, How Brightly Shines the Morning Star)
    Bridal Chorus from Lohengrin
    Hornpipe from Water Music
    Sonata Kv. 67
    Te Deum
    The Heavens Declare the Glory of God
    Trumpet Voluntary
    Where'er You Walk (from Semele)

Arranged by John Head Sue Mitchell-Wallace. For Organ. Wedding and Sacred. Print Music Collection (Organ & Trumpet Book). Published by Hope Publishing Company. (159)
    Arranged for organ and solo trumpet, this folio contains a separate pull-out for the brass player.

You can find them pretty easily around on the internet.
    I just did a search on the name of the books, and found it here.sheetmusicpluc.com

The cost was $15.00 for each book, with separate trumpet parts and a CD.

The trumpet parts are written in Bb and D. I played a lot the music of the above on A piccolo, but you can play them on any trumpet.

Hope this is a good start.
    All the best.

JS

3. nplotts1

nplotts1 Fortissimo User

Aug 5, 2007
    Atlanta, Georgia
    for trumpet in D, do most people play an actual D trumpet or do they transpose using a C or Picc??

4. patdublc

patdublc Pianissimo User

Jul 20, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    I normally carry a picc in A and a C trumpet to wedding gigs. You can cover a lot of musical geography with those two horns.

My favorite wedding book is "The Wedding Book" by Chuck Seipp. Check it out here - CJ Seipp Music Publication--New Stuff. I use it almost exclusively now for weddings.

5. JustinSmith

JustinSmith Piano User

Nov 6, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Looks like a good resource.

6. Btnbrass

Btnbrass New Friend

Jul 17, 2007
    TN
    Most people do play D trumpet parts on a picc.

7. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    I second the Chuck Seipp Collection. He has EVERYTHING you could ever want in one book. ... and if you have "perfect 4th phobia" there is extra parts already transposed for Picc in A.

Suggestion: I think we've all experienced this... but never let an accompanist use the originals... not only will they mark-up your parts with organ stops but you may have to bug out (after getting the check) and forget the keyboard book.

The nice with Chuck is he will sell you just the keyboard book if you need it.

Highly recommend his stuff. Nice guy to boot!