wee-zee grip fell off

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by frankmike, Dec 15, 2008.

1. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    Hi
    I have a problem, grip on my wee-zee mute fell off, actually it wore itself and also it was not in a good shape from the start, since I acquired it.
    Now my wee-zee has no grip I use light sock to keep it on trumpet, but it looks stupid although sock isnt producing any additional backpressure.
    Can I repair it myself or should I take it to repair shop (which in 100 miles away)

2. s.coomer

s.coomer Forte User

Mar 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, In
    Okay, I give, what's a wee zee mute?

3. et_mike

et_mike Mezzo Forte User

Oct 16, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA

I was wondering the same thing! :dontknow:

4. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    it is mute. Basically like harmon. more less the same.

5. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    [​IMG]

6. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    thats wee zee

and the black part fell of, actually it wore itself. basically it is useless now

7. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
  8. wilcox96

wilcox96 Mezzo Piano User

Oct 31, 2005
    charlotte nc
    I love this mute. Really has a good sound. Doesn't come with a stem. Now the real problem is that foam-ish black stuff. I haven't found it available anywhere. Repair shops don't seem to have it either. Therefore, to get the "grip material" replaced, you just have to settle for having it "corked". Not a "bad" thing...just what you will have to do. Heck, I've read where Bobby Shew said that as soon as you get one of these mutes with the foam grip stuff on it, immediately remove it and replace with cork because it plays better. ?? Eh...I don't know. That's really neither here nor there.

Regardless..just go to a shop and have it "corked". Should be a good mute for you.

9. Trumpet Dad

Trumpet Dad Pianissimo User

Jun 20, 2008
    New Jersey, USA
    You can buy 8.5" x 11" sheets of very thin cork (cork craft sheets) at a local craft shop. Michaels carries it if you live in the eastern US. Use contact cement to glue it to your mute.

10. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    Hasn't anyone else thought to contact the mute manufacturer for a replacement conical grip rubber?

OLDLOU>>