Welcome to All at Trumpet Master

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by gmonady, Jan 30, 2011.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    To all at Trumpet Master,

I have just registered and look forward to excellent discussions and sharing of experience. I am primarily a jazz musician, and play an Olds Recording of mid 60’s vintage. Love the horn and it is as fast today (faster perhaps) as when I first bought it as the original owner in the mid 1960’s. This horn does amazing things when a Schilke 14A4a mouth piece is united to the horn.

I later bought a Getzen 4 valve Eterna flugelhorn in 1974 and enjoy it’s versatility as well. It’s interesting that I have only recently appreciated and utilized the potential the 4th valve provides, and it is definitely more than a quarter tone valve. It has enabled me to play faster in the lower range and is amazing at making peddle tones come through with vibrant sound. I still use the original Getzen 3C mouth piece find it very comfortable to use, even when extending into the “lead chops” range. You can hear its versitility on the home page for my band at:

www.eddiebrookshiremusic.com

Once again, it is truly my pleasure to be a part of a group that really knows their instruments.

2. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    Welcome!
    I listened to the song on your websites homepage, and the horn sounds good! I've always wanted to try out a 4 valve flugel!
    Enjoy TM!
    Kujo

3. jbkirby

jbkirby Forte User

Sep 10, 2009
    Dothan, Alabama
    Welcome!! :welcome: Always great to have another Olds Recording fan in the forum!!

4. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Welcome Gary!

Enjoy your time here. We look forward to your contributions.

5. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    How I came across this thread, I have no clue. It was at the bottom of the page when I was checking something out. But having 3 people welcome our Gary is not enough. That is why I will say:

Welcome to TM Gary!!

6. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Like wise. A hearty welcome to ye.

7. acarcido

acarcido Forte User

Dec 28, 2009
    Ontario, Ca
    Welcome again and again. Hahaha Wow, you only joined last year and have so many postings. Sweet!

8. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    That's why it takes so long at the Doctor's office...he is either practicing or is on TrumpetMaster.

9. acarcido

acarcido Forte User

Dec 28, 2009
    Ontario, Ca
    Doc, are you practicing medicing or trumpet? ROFL

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Zombie thread, zombie member, zombie doc; so don't poke fun at this bloke, no telling what body parts will fall off.