Well...Here it is

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by PSH, Mar 27, 2008.

1. PSH

PSH Pianissimo User

Feb 20, 2007
    Minneapolis MN; Denton TX
    Here's a video of me playing with my school orchestra. I'm very impressed with the sound quality that came out of the little hand held camera this was recorded on. Comments are welcome, but please bear in mind that this is a high school orchestra and I am only a senior in high school.

Enjoy!

YouTube - Haydn Trumpet Concerto in Eb - Mvmt. 1

~PSH

2. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I enjoyed it.
    I liked Charlies cadenza. You don't hear that often.

3. PSH

PSH Pianissimo User

Feb 20, 2007
    Yeah I only wish I could have gotten the trill from C to D at the end down. That was a little bit of a reach after having played the whole movement though.

Thanks!

PSH

4. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    Nice job doing it from memory

5. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    I was VERY impressed!!! Your playing and that of the orchestra was exceptional considering that this was a high school orchestra. What school, and where? I was a student at Interlochen and still attend every one of their acadamy concerts that I can get to. The National Music Acadamy at Interlochen is the only high school that I can think of that can assemble an orchestra of this size and expertise. Congratulations son.

OLDLOU>>

6. PSH

PSH Pianissimo User

Feb 20, 2007
    This is the Edina High school orchestra in Edina, MN. I think we have one of the better high school music programs in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

7. jazz9

jazz9 Piano User

Dec 5, 2007
    Chilhowie, VA
    Yea, your music program takes our band, chokes it, throws it out in the street, stomps its face in, catches it on fire, puts it in the back of a truck, and drives it off a cliff. Then again, we only have ONE band with 60 members, and we can't get through 5 measures without stopping. OK, I'm done ranting now. Good job though.

8. Decentplayer

Decentplayer Mezzo Forte User

Jan 11, 2008
    USA
    Good job. I think you were a little nervous, but, I'd be nervous as heck if I was up there. Keep up the good work.

9. krossum

krossum Piano User

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY, USA
    YEAH MAN!!! great performance. It's one thing to sit around your living room with a video camera, and then posting something on Youtube; it's something else entirely when you're actually out there doing it!

Solid!
    -Kelly

10. Alan Dismukes

Alan Dismukes Piano User

Oct 16, 2007
    Alabama
    Great job! I get very nervous and tighten up when I play in front of a live audience. I can sound good at home alone, but it never sounds that good when I play in front of people. Even my wife makes me nervous (of course, she has a doctorate in piano performance!).