West Chester University of Pennsylvania Trumpet Festival 2008

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Jon Kratzer, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Jon Kratzer

Jon Kratzer Pianissimo User

Nov 27, 2003
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Just curious how many folks plan on attending this? I know it's not a huge production like ITG, but I may be able to swing by and I'd love to rub elbows with some folks from the various forums.

I'm also curious about the Exhibits and what will be going on with the equipment there. I'm not a big gear head, what I have now serves me fine, but I want to see what is out there. I generally avoid large gatherings like this, so It'll be a change.

Any input is appreciated

Jon

2. kadleck

kadleck Artist in Residence Staff Member

Feb 28, 2006
    new york
    I will be there.

Tony

3. tptshark

tptshark Pianissimo User

Jun 4, 2005
    Hong Kong
    If all things go according to plan, i'll be there

4. swissdude

swissdude Pianissimo User

Nov 29, 2003
    West Chester, PA
    The exhibitors list is not quite finalize yet but I will try to post them very soon. All major brand of instrument should be covered.

No real event can be as big as the trumpet guild conference unless the host is willing to take a big risk. ITG is the one conference everyone is waiting for each year. Our festival is actually co-sponsored by New York Trumpet Company and ITG which is a wonderful help.

I was so glad to see the number of people who attended last year that I decided to do it every year. This year is will be a 2 day event instead of 1...well maybe someday ITG's conference will be at our school ;-)...only if my wife lets me hahahaha.

Our artists this year will be: Allen Vizzutti, David, Hickman, Tony Kadleck, Antoine Acquisto (if you don't know him, he is principal trumpet in the Opera in Belgium, as well as a Stomvi Artist, won many international competitions...), Ray Vega, Russ Johnson.

This year we will have 5 concerts.
    Saturday afternoon is some of the artists featured with our wind ensemble (including 2 pieces by Allen Vizzutti)
    Saturday night is the Boston Brass with on the first half a guest artist trumpet ensemble (12 players) conducted by David Hickman
    Sunday afternoon is Orlando Marin "The Last Mambo King" and his orchestra
    Sunday evening is the jazz artists featured with the WCU Criterions Jazz Ensemble.

Monday night for people in the area, I will be giving my faculty recital.

Both Felix and I are very excited and can't wait. Should be a lot of fun.

JC

5. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    I'll be in attendance. I understand the stress and strain of doing a show. I run the Maryland Trumpet Day in Dec. and I am still making tweeks to the days events.

We are looking at expanding to a two day event in 2009-10 with the opening of our new school facility. Hopefully all of these evtns will keep growing.

TD

6. wilcox96

wilcox96 Mezzo Piano User

Oct 31, 2005
    charlotte nc
    My plans are to make it up to this festival. Sounds like a real good time...and I'd also like to meet some of the TM bretheren/sister-en...? ha. With the artists that will be there this year...this has got to be on people's calendar.

7. chryxz

chryxz New Friend

Dec 25, 2006
    I'm sort of new to the whole festival thing (I've been to the Midwest Band Clinic once, but that's it). I'm a student at Illinois State University right now, and a road trip to Pennsylvania seems quite feasible in comparison to some of the farther festivals. I checked out the website, and I wonder if the $20 ($15 student/ITG member) fee covers the whole festival, or just one day?

Thanks,
    Chris

8. swissdude

swissdude Pianissimo User

Nov 29, 2003
    West Chester, PA
    Actually this was the price to register last year. For some reason it was still showing on some of the website pages.
    New prices will be up very soon. We are creating a new page right now. However price won't be too high. We are committed to keep the festival affordable.

9. chryxz

chryxz New Friend

Dec 25, 2006
    Ok, thanks. I was also wondering why I could only get to the price from some pages. This makes sense now. I'll keep checking back.

Chris

10. Jon Kratzer

Jon Kratzer Pianissimo User

Nov 27, 2003
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Sounds exciting! So.. just how far away is WC from Philly? I thnking about swinging into Ortlieb's if I have a chance.