West Chester University of Pennsylvania Trumpet Festival 2008

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Jon Kratzer, Oct 3, 2007.

1. MrWho3421

MrWho3421 Pianissimo User

Jun 1, 2006
    West Chester is a half hour(with no traffic which is rare) from downtown philly.

2. BergeronWannabe

BergeronWannabe Piano User

Feb 6, 2007
    I'll be there...can't wait! Great line up-

3. Ray Vega

Ray Vega Pianissimo User

I'll be participating in this event. I'm getting in early to catch up with old friends and make newer ones. I prefer the smaller conferences because you have a better to chance to interact with folks without having to deal with huge crowds.
    It's a monumental task to put something like this together. Felix (NYTC) and JC are doing a fantastic thing for the trumpet community. The reality is that they didn't have to commit to this event. They've put in a lot of time, energy and money into conceptualizing this conference. I sure we'll all have a wondeful time!!!!!
    Peace-RV

4. swissdude

swissdude Pianissimo User

Nov 29, 2003
    West Chester, PA
    Ray,

Thank you for the note. Very excited to have you as an artist this year.
    Should be a lot of fun

5. ALLCHOPS

ALLCHOPS Piano User

Nov 14, 2003
    Saratoga Springs, N.Y.

In some respects this get together is more user friendly if you get my drift because of it's size! There are plenty of great trumpets to try out and the clinic schedule appears to be first rate! The concert line up looks to be great as well!

If your contemplating attending you won't be disappointed!

Tony G

6. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY

Now I am not coming.:)

7. Jon Kratzer

Jon Kratzer Pianissimo User

Nov 27, 2003
    Oklahoma City, OK
    It'll be fun. I'll be on road on tour for most of January, then I'll be out of commisio nbecause I'm getting some dental surgery! (NO!!!) Hopefully I'll be able to play a little bit at the festival.

8. swissdude

Nov 29, 2003
    West Chester, PA
    Glad to know you are coming Felix :-)
    Dental surgery...wow Jon, this is not fun at all. Hope nothing too serious.

9. Jon Kratzer

Jon Kratzer Pianissimo User

Nov 27, 2003
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Nothing too major, however I really want to try some of these NYTC trumpets, we don't have any down here in Florida that I know about...none of the serious pros that I play with at least. I might be bringing one back ro at least picking one I like... that is if I can get out a note lol.

10. swissdude

Nov 29, 2003
    West Chester, PA
    good to hear it is not too serious.
    You will definitely fall in love with one of Felix's horns. They are a dream. My Bflat is the best bflat I ever played. Just got it back from goldplating :-)
    If I knew how to post a picture here I would because it is worth looking at.
    The horn is even in the whole register, free blowing but still enough resistence in the high register. Intonation is great.
    You should try the Magnum. I tried it in NY a few weeks ago, and man what a beauty. I am sure Tony K. will agree with me on this.