West Chester University Trumpet Festival 2011

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by swissdude, Nov 24, 2010.

1. swissdude

swissdude Pianissimo User

Nov 29, 2003
    West Chester, PA
    Dear colleagues, friends, performers and teachers,

I am writing to announce the West Chester University Fifth Annual International Trumpet Festival, which will take place at in West Chester (PA) on January 28-29-30, 2011.

I am very delighted to announce that our 2011 guest artists this year will include Eric Aubier (International Soloist, France), Trent Austin (Jazz Soloist), Andrew Balio (Baltimore Symphony) Terry Everson (Boston University), Tony Kadleck (New York City Artist), John Marchiando (New Mexico Symphony), Tromba Mundi (featuring JC Dobrzelewski, James Ackley, Bryan Appleby-Wineberg, John Marchiando, and Peter Bond, and Joey Tartell), and Rebecca Wilt.

New for 2011: All attendees are welcome and encouraged to participate in our large trumpet ensemble that will be formed at the event. This ensemble is a non-competitive and does not require audition. Bring your trumpet(s) and be ready to play!

University trumpet ensembles are also encouraged to attend, and are welcome to perform throughout the week-end. If your university trumpet ensemble wishes to perform at the festival, please contact me at [email protected]

There will be a large selection of vendors with instruments, accessories, music offering some great deals, make sure to not miss this wonderful opportunity to update your equipment or simply buy new toys.

For detailed information about the 2011 event including directions, lodging information, and registration, please visit the festival web site at http://www.wcutrumpetfest.com

Please do not hesitate to email me with any questions and I hope to see you in West Chester in January!

All the best,

JC Dobrzelewski

2. swissdude

Nov 29, 2003
    West Chester, PA
    Hello everyone,

We are now one month away from the WCUPA Trumpet Fest.

Hotel discount rates will be available for another 10 days. Make sure to make your reservation asap, you won't want to miss this event. Some great repertoire will be performed including Jolivet 1 and 2 (Eric Aubier performing), Peter Maxwell-Davis and many more great pieces!!!

See you all very soon.

JC

3. swissdude

Nov 29, 2003
    West Chester, PA
    Hello everyone,

We are now 3 weeks away from this very exciting event.

Update on registration: Day pass will be available for Saturday and Sunday for the cost of $35. This passes will only be available when you register at the door. Online registration is not available for this pass.

See you then!!!

JC

4. swissdude

Nov 29, 2003
    West Chester, PA
    Hello everyone,

2 weeks to go :-) Don't forget to register.

JC

5. swissdude

Nov 29, 2003
    West Chester, PA
    Hello!!!

One week to go! Hope to see many of you here

JC

6. swissdude

Nov 29, 2003
    West Chester, PA
    2 more days!!!

A reminder that online registration will be closing today. After this you will only be able to register at the event.

Tromba Mundi has performed twice and will play today at Rowan University. Don't miss our festival gala concert this Friday!!!

JC

7. swissdude

Nov 29, 2003
    West Chester, PA
    The WCU Trumpet Festival will be following the University weather policies.
    Announcement will be made on this website www.wcutrumpetfest.com regarding status of the event.
    Friday: Announcement will be made by noon time on Friday
    Saturday: Announcement will be made by 6:30am on Saturday
    Sunday: Announcement will be made by 6:30am on Sunday

8. swissdude

Nov 29, 2003
    West Chester, PA
    Hello!!!

Event is on as scheduled.

Looking forward to seeing many of you there tonight

JC

9. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    I have just returned home after attending this event as a vendor. I must say that it was very well organized. The Saturday evening concert was excellent (Eric Aubier and others) and the University's wind ensemble did a wonderful job of accompanying the soloists.

Congratulations JC!:thumbsup:

PS I sold several copies of my book "Melodies for Playing", which proves that there are people still interested in playing melodies. There was also a lot of interest in my trumpets.:-) My wife is keen on my developing a strong "N minus one" syndrome.:roll: