West Point Band Audition Results

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Tooter Tutor, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Tooter Tutor

Tooter Tutor New Friend

Feb 3, 2007
    Hudsonville, Michigan
    Greetings Everybody-
    I want to announce the newest member of the US Military Academy Band's Trumpet Section. HER name is Carla Moebius! She comes to us from Silver Springs, Maryland where she was on the adjunct faculty at University of Maryland. She completed her M.M there, a student of Chris Gekker. She did her undergraduate work, a B.M.E., at Indiana University, studying with Ed Cord.

She played a great audition, Monday, really coming alive in the finals while sitting in with members of the section. We're looking forward to when she can actually join us at West Point!

After twenty three years in the section, I'm happy to be replaced by someone with Carla's potential. I think I'll even leave what is left of my bottle of Al Cass on the stand for her!

If you know her, please pass along your well wishes!

That's all for now!

-Gregory Alley, trumpet section leader, West Point Band

2. k0elw

k0elw Guest

Gregster:

This is very gracious of you; you are in good company using Al Cass!

Royer Labs Ribbon Microphones

-Ellis

3. tromj

tromj Piano User

Jun 4, 2005
    Teaneck, NJ
    Greg, are you leaving West Point entirely? what are your musical plans after the Point?
    I remember meeting you at
    Dillon's and recall what a gracious guy you were.

4. Tooter Tutor

Tooter Tutor New Friend

Feb 3, 2007
    Hudsonville, Michigan
    Thank you for your kind words. Dillon's is a great trumpet hang!

I plan on ramping up my trumpet teaching to the level of a real business endeavor. And along with that, I'll do my performance coaching, which is cool because in that I work with all musicians- not just trumpet players.

I've always been a life-long learner with a genuine interest in helping others succeed. When coaching, I employ my performing skills and my (growing) knowledge of applied sports psychology which includes skill sets that aren’t typically well known or widely practiced by musicians. So I'll just do more of that.

I'd like to start a trumpet ensemble that will combine opportunities for young players to interact with seasoned professionals. And I may venture into trying to start a Brass Band.

But, all is not music! I have plans to build my own sailboat and sail the North Channel, between Michigan and Canada, one of the world's most beautiful sailing locations.

-Grego