Wet or dry lips!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by andredub, Jan 31, 2012.

1. hhsTrumpet

hhsTrumpet Piano User

Dec 3, 2011
    California
    Since you're moving while playing, it's easier for your mouthpiece to slip. So you need some grip.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Hmmmmm... this has me thinking... do you think there is a marked for developing a lip/mouthpiece Velcro pairing? A fuzzy lip base with a split separating the upper lips is glued to the both lips with a biodegradable glue what washes off with non-toxic isopropyl alcohol, and a standard Velcro plastic ring is attached to the mouthpiece rim. The grip perfected! I will be the toast of all the marching band directors. I will patent it as the "Get-a-Grip". I will be rich. I will be famous!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  3. Mark_Kindy

Mark_Kindy Mezzo Forte User

Jul 11, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Lol, interesting, actually. I think Delrin or Lexan work pretty well though =P

4. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Dont shave for a few days, and put the hard velcro part on the mouthpiece!

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Well this would have worked for some of the girls Kingtrumpet dated in high school.

6. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Don't know if it is really interesting and related to this topic, but I found it (it was not a poll) : in the search zone enter "upstreamplayers", you'll find this thread, initiated in 2009 by Robert Slotte.

7. jazzmetalrocknroll

jazzmetalrocknroll Pianissimo User

Jan 24, 2012
    Rhode Island
    I play moist. I lick my lips, but if they are too wet i get slippery and water in the cup gives me cracked tones. Not fully dry, but not wet either.