What a Day !!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Dean_0, May 11, 2014.

1. Dean_0

Dean_0 Piano User

Jan 21, 2013
    NE
    After we got to church this morning my Grandson leaned over to me and said: I chose my instrument for 5th grade band , I asked what instrument and he said ..........TRUMPET !!!!:D.

About a year ago he was here for the afternoon ,and his sneaky old Grandad had a few horns out , I asked if he wanted to try one ? he said sure ,so I first asked if he could do a buzz ? after a few buzzes I handed him the Coprion horn from Conn and he played a few notes ,how special that day was !

Now I know he may not follow through, or finish high school on trumpet or keep playing ? but WOW my heart swelled with pride .

So now my challenge is to find him a decent horn and help motivate him to practice ,and keep it fun .

Maybe during the summer i can get him to play a few notes with me ? should be a blast .:lol: , literally ! :-P.

I sure never expected to be a teacher ,but it might be a great thing for both of us ?

Dean_0

2. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Great story!

Mike

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Inspiration can suddenly occur, whether it be child or Granddad. Now you can provide a million dollar instrument to the Grandchild ... they don't cost that much, but become such value to you when you're able to provide such to the child.

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Mike's a sucker for heart felt stories.

By the way: Great story!

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I agree with the Doctor's - great story -

6. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    :-)

Mike

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    That means you have succumb to a pairadox.

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    That is much better than asking a couple of Doctors to take a long walk off a short pier ---- or in other words ----- "a Pair of Docs, walks off a pair of Docks" ---- ROFL ROFL ROFL (((KingTrumpet, what a smart guy)))

9. Bochawa!!!

Bochawa!!! Forte User

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    OK. Enough's enough. Well . . . someone's gotta draw a line here.

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Yes the OP was telling us his grandson is inspired by his grandfather to at least want to be a trumpet player -- and that fits in with a lot of my posts (if anyone ever noticed) -- where I say - just play and be happy cause you never know who you are going to inspire