What about the brand?

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by Sebaurujazz, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Sebaurujazz

Sebaurujazz New Friend

Jun 3, 2017
    Uruguay
    Hi guys,

I'm thinking about changing my mouthpiece, not the size, I'm using a 1 1/2 B Bach and it's nice to me. I want to change the brand and I was thinking in a GR, Curry,ACB. It's a good idea?is something better(not Monette, too much for me) or this is like the size and the brand is the one wich fit better for me?

It's impossible in my country to try mouthpices, maybe you can help me.

Thank's

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Acludwig1 likes this.
  2. Franklin D

Franklin D Forte User

May 23, 2009
    The Netherlands
    Keep the Bach.

Dennis78, Acludwig1 and Sebaurujazz like this.
  3. Acludwig1

Acludwig1 Piano User

Nov 22, 2016
    Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
    I agree with Franklin, don't try to fix something if it's not broken. Bach makes good quality mouthpieces.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Dennis78 and Sebaurujazz like this.
  4. Dennis78

Dennis78 Fortissimo User

Feb 1, 2015
    Cincinnati
    Yea! Why would you want to change if your current MP is serving you well

J. Jericho likes this.
  5. Bflatman

Bflatman Mezzo Forte User

Nov 27, 2008
    Manchester, England
    I would say this, in Uruguay you may be facing difficulties with finding a decent tech for instrument repairs when they become necessary.

Dont think that this will not happen it will, When you suffer an issue requiring a fix can you guarantee to have your instrument returned and working in time for the next rehearsal/gig/lesson. This could be a major issue some techs have a long waiting list stretching into months.

If not then buy a second instrument that will keep you playing while your primary instrument is with the tech or in transit. When you buy a second instrument you get a second mouthpiece for free, make sure it is a different one to the one you have. A Bach 1 1/2 C would make sense I believe it would play and feel similar to the mouthpiece you have already and give slightly different tonality.

You then have 2 mouthpieces to take on gigs and can choose whichever you prefer.