What About You???

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by xjb0906, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I never saw "girls" listed in any contract to play that I had ... durn.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ed, then is sounds to me that the $100 bill stuffing may be a more economical way to go; AND with the potential of having more fun with the ladies then moving toward a long term commitment involving contractual relationships.

Is that what I do? No, first of all, I need to save all that money to pay for my Martin Committee [another cheap shot at mentioning my new purchase], and the goal to my outcome is just to put smiles on the audiences' faces; men, women, boys, girls, young and the old, and even on the muzzles of any four legged creatures that may stray into the performance area.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    It's not even in the fine print. If you want to find it, its in the brail section, which can only be "read" once sitting next to the girl in the dark corner of the club. AND making sure the girl has had the drink that is in the contract makes it easier to get through the brail section.

4. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    And as a physician, you'd have the "touch" to read the "braille".

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Dammed, you guys caught me on my spelling once again. They just don't teach French in medical school. I even had to learn French Kissing on my own.

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA

That reminds me that I once got a date with a blind girl (Melissa H.) -- unfortunately she loved me at first site, but her dog didn't like me -- and that is when you know your life is going to the dogs -- or rather your life is decided by a dog -- sad but true story!!!!! ---

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Sounds to me like you were being Hounded by the dog. I bet you that you cried Poodles over the break up. But you just get up, walk away and laugh "chihuahua" at it and move on. There'l Begal others along the way and I bet you'll find a Great Dane to take her place. And with you living in New Yorkie, that shouldn't be a problem.

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    long as that German Shepard doesn't come back ROFL ROFL ROFL

9. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Ah, she had a seeing eye dog I take it?

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yeah I should have brought my trumpet on the date --- just to appease the girl, and if I had thought about it, I would have brought steak for the dog --- who knows I might have realized the dream of "being that guy who attracts women with his trumpet" years ago.

XJB - I want to update my post -- I want to be the guy who lives his dream of playing the trumpet, who gets the girls, and who feeds dogs with the proceeds from my concerts (that is like animal rescue or something) -- YEAH the dream and the lure of why I play the trumpet is getting bigger.

ps. although - one of the best true stories is of my Dad. Last year I played the Star Spangled Banner for him, and another song which I was able to take up an octave. My Dad said pretty much, "son, you were really bad at playing the trumpet those first several years, I know you loved the trumpet - so I never said anything, but just told you to "keep at it" -- and you quit off an on over the years --- AND YOU KNOW what son? -- those 2 songs you just played just spoke to me, they flowed and they spoke to me --- and NOW I get it son, you are a trumpet player"

AND XJB -- maybe the dream has come true -- my Dad recognized me as a trumpet player who's music SPEAKS to his heart -- and my Dad ain't the sentimental kind of guy if you know the type --- but the music it reached him, got into his head and his heart --- AND AIN'T THAT WHAT WE AS PLAYERS ARE HOPING TO PLAY?? music that reaches deeper than just sound?????