What About You???

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by xjb0906, Nov 22, 2011.

1. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Once again, Doc, SHAMELESS, corny, puntiferous, and I like it. This could start quite a strain of puns again. I enjoy those. ( It's Beagle, by the way) but I knew what you were trying for. Not to shove it under your schnauzer or anything, but hot dog, we may have something here so let's dachshund out and get going.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Thanks for Pointer-ing out the Beagle misspelling. I get a sick feeling in the Pitbull of my stomach every time I make these errors. I sometimes wake up with night Terriers every time I sing off TM wondering if I made more spelling mistakes. This may be the Golden time to Retriever a dictionary for cross reference, but until then I can take all the Malteseing I get for my spelling errors.

3. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    AND let's not allow the German Short hair this thread, either. This is very culturally enlightening. Cairn you imagine how far this could go? Don't Lahpsa Ahpso into another topic here, though.

Need Peter McNeill, now.

4. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    Peter is currently working at a mine site somewhere in central australia and is out of communication range. If he is home for the holidays I am sure he will pop in.

Regards, Stuart.

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Yes, wait the the Australian shepards get a hold of this BULLdog, then you hounds will put your tails between your legs and look like an Aussie Stumpy Tail Cattle dog. Of course when we talk Aussie dogs, you hounds will probably think of BEER, and then you will go look for the Bullenbeisser (only to find out that is another dog) -Then you will be looking for a French Beauceron cause they are prettier and bark in a romance language - then that will get your stomachs thinking FOOD, and you will wander off looking for the Bolognese - only discovering that you are now confusing your dogs with sandwich meat. Of course as long as you are thinking Mediterranean area you will probably think a Canaan Dog goes good with saurkraut -- and you will still be confusing dogs with food. Eventually someone will call you a Cesky Fousek which means they confused you with a dog -- but you will get upset, however reason prevails and you offer to buy a drink to patch things up. But when you order a Chien-gris -- you realize that is still a dog and not a wine. So you start to Cursinu the bartender, only to find out that he tells you where you can buy that type of dog. Being in France you try you best French saying - Epagneul Bleu de Picardie, hoping at least that the French will recognize you as at least a modern TREKKY, figuring Captain Picguard was a good start to befriend the French, which is of NO use, after all they are French. So you head to Finnish Lapphund, only to find out that is also a dog and not a place. Convince you don't know what to do you board a Greyhound bus, only to find it can't go across the ocean anyhow. So you board a Harrier to make your way back to the states, and after a Havanese trip you are feeling pretty good. Back in the states, things are slow as Molossus, so you stop in a Pug and order a Pinscher, instead of the pilsner you really wanted. And you are back to square one -- confusing your BEER with a dog --- how sad, how very very sad. ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL woof woof woof

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    XJB -- I want to update why I play the trumpet -- to attract women, to fulfill a dream, to make music that goes beyond notes and touches peoples hearts and souls, and so that I can have a STAGE to tell jokes and find humour (or humor) in life. Not too mention that I think playing the trumpet is healthy exercise also.

7. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    I knew about that Stuart, thanks. We aren't used to being out of touch with the internet many places here in the states, but Peter did mention he was going to be out of contact for a few months. I just know how he enjoys a great pun, as you also know.

8. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    At least fifty-percent credit should be given to the composer(s) of the music you play if you want your sound to reach the heart(s) of the audience.

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    WHAT? VB a Professor? Why was I not told? :dontknow:

10. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land

Yes, Turtle, I hadn't noticed before but Professor VB's student sheila is holding the bow as if it were a chopstick - go figure?