What am i doing wrong

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by aaron.s94, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Michael T. Doublec

Michael T. Doublec Pianissimo User

Nov 20, 2014
    Years ago I nailed my stand with a solid Dbl. C from about 3 feet. It broke most of the welds. The stand is now deceased and I have to memorize everything. Sympathetic vibrations are common in small rooms. Usually a trumpet in close proximity to a snare drum will do the same thing. Glad you figured it out. Hope your range returns as well. Good luck. You now are aware even though Yamaha horns are awesome, no 2 are identical. Always play a few of the same horns if possible, then buy the one you feel is the best.

Mike Fesi

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  2. gunshowtickets

gunshowtickets Forte User

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    I sent an e-mail last night to Mr. Roy Hempley about my Strad', which i detailed a tale of my youth. I played a 4325S through high school and when i was a senior, i wanted to upgrade to a pro horn and played maybe six or eight Xenos, none of which resonated with me, so i kept the "intermediate". The Xenos all played very similarly apples-to-apples, but neither was one identical to any of the others.

Did A A Ron get his high G back yet? lol at zombie thrad

3. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    This was 6 years ago - this guy might not be playing the horn at all anymore.

4. Tomaso

Tomaso Pianissimo User

Oct 2, 2014
    New York City
    If you place a few music books on those reverberant Manhassets it deadens them up considerably. Arbans works great. Especially while closed.
    At least that's what I'm told, never having had a music book OR music stand to put to the test.

5. Kevin Whiting

Kevin Whiting Piano User

Apr 13, 2013
    Greendale, WI.
    That neighbor is probably my wife. She has threatened to call the authorities on me a few times. LOL

Kevin