What are you bringing to ITG ?

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Mikester, May 28, 2004.

1. Mikester

Mikester New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    MI
    Leigh and Bruce, what horns will you be bringing to ITG???

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Following from Bruce:

MC, MY, MR, HMR, LY, LR, XLR, HMR, Equinox, R Flugel, Y Flugel
    the vortex, and the special edition, too
    and a MY C, MR C
    about 16 horns, i think

In other words, lotsa goodies!

3. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Geeze, Ed!

I didn't realize that you were taking dictation! :shock:

That is pretty much the list. (As I told it to Ed.) Got that, Mikester?

Later!
    Bruce

4. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Ok Thanks Ed , but a few of those are wrong and i thought id better write up just what we are taking in case someone was interested in the particular models that youve mentioned that we are not.

Ok here goes

1 MY Bb Polished Silver (plated)
    1 MR Bb Scratch/Polished accents Gold (plated)
    1 MHY Bb Scratch/polished accents Silver (plated)
    1 LR Bb Polished Gold (plated)
    1 XLR Bb Scratch/polished accents Clear gloss lacquer

1 Equinox Scratch/polished accents Gold (plated)

1 MY "C" Trumpet Polished Silver (plated)
    1 MR "C" Trumpet Polished Silver (plated)

1 Yelow Bell Flugel Scratch/polished accents
    The Body done with clear gloss lacquer with the
    accents and inside bell in Gold lacquer.
    1 Red Bell Flugel Scratch/polished accents clear gloss lacquer

Bruce is bringing along

1 Eclipse Special Edition Bb which has a LY bell with a pure copper
    garland and lots of copper accents.
    This horn is one of 5 made in this way
    and is finished in clear gloss lacquer.

1 VORTEX Bb ASK BRUCE :lol:

We may still bring a little surprise for Bruce and Trent to try out? but they will have to wait and see if i can finish it in time.

Also of course Mr Trent Austin will be there also with his own Eclipse (LR in gold plate) , so if you want to chat with him regarding the Horns or
    www.jazzimprov.net youll find him over by the Eclipse Tables.
    I think he may have some CD'S too?

I must say that we are very pleased to be able to call on the services of Bruce and Trent for the ITG show!

You can't beat having highly experienced guys around you.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you at the show.

Regards

Leigh

5. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Oh sure, Leigh... NOW you show up with the answers. Where were you last night when we were trying to sort out Bruce's computer? huh?

:)

6. Annie

Annie Piano User

Nov 13, 2003
    Where is ITG this year?

7. eclipse trumpets

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hi Annie

ITG this year is in Denver Colorado! I am sure someone will come up with all the finer details for you as i dont have them with me.

If you can come be sure to come and try out all the Eclipse line.

Regards

Leigh

8. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Today, I received four of the Eclipse models that will be traveling to Denver. I know how I'm going to be spending my holiday weekend! :D

The Eclipse Flugel - Red Brass bell, scratched clear lacquer, with a bright finish on the valve slides, and the inside of the bell. It was built in the style of the industry standard, the Coueson flugel. Fortunately, I own a vintage Couesnon Monopole, which I compared it with.

If I were to describe the Eclipse Flugel in a word, that word would be WOW!!! The sound is fuller, and richer, with great intonation, by comparison to the Couesnon. It plays very evenly from low to high, with a much easier upper register. I would say that it is the perfect blend between the larger bore flugels, and smaller bore flugels. The sound is very beautiful, and lush, with great response! Like all of the Eclipse products, it is very balanced in the hand. What an awesome horn!

The XLR - Extra Large Red - also in the scratched clear lacquer finish, just like the Red Brass Flugel. This trumpet has a 140mm (5 1/2") bell, and it is the only Eclipse model to feature a counter-weight, in the bell bow, to give it that perfect balance. Now, this one can't be described in one word, so I'll have to say WOW, WOW!!! I am very impressed by the sound that this horn puts out! And, with the extra large bell, the feedback behind the horn is outstanding. I'm not usually a fan of heavier weight trumpets, especially with heavy bottom caps, but this is definitely the exception to the rule.

Maybe it was the "mood" that the Flugel put me in, but when I started playing this horn, I wanted all of the warmth, and fullness that I could get, and this horn delivers! With my more "legit" mouthpiece, I found it to be a perfect "jazz" horn! Or, I'm sure that it would work great in a symphonic setting. When I popped my lead mouthpiece into it, and really pushed it, it took any amount of energy that I gave, with great response at all volumes. It's also a very easy horn to get around on. I'm sure that the XLR is going to turn some heads at ITG!

The next model that I played was the Eclipse C - Medium Yellow Bell, finished in bright silverplate. I have to say that I favor the yellow brass C, over the red brass model, for the more nimble response characteristics that it offers. We all have different "tastes", and yellow brass is my preference. The Eclipse C is a trumpet that ALL C trumpet players MUST experience! I've never played another C trumpet that has the awesome sound quality that the Eclipse C delivers. The intonation is superior to that of any other C trumpet that I've played. It's no wonder that Ian Balmain, Principal Trumpet player of the British Royal Opera Orchestra has chosen to endorse the Eclipse C Trumpet!

To fourth horn in the selection of trumpets with this "ITG" delivery was a MY - Medium Yellow, in bright silverplate. The Eclipse Medium is one of my favorites, and this particular horn, like all of the others, is an outstanding example of the high quality and craftmanship that First Class Brass/Eclipse Trumpets are known for. The Medium Yellow is just a great all-around trumpet, sure to fit any setting!

For those of you who will be attending ITG, please stop by the Eclipse booth, and try these amazing horns! Leigh McKinney, Trent Austin - US Eclipse Artist, and I will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. Thanks for reading!

See ya in Denver!
    Bruce

9. eclipse trumpets

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    A couple of people have asked for the MHR to be present at the ITG show, so we are taking this model also for you all to try out!

It will probably be in straight polish and clear lacquer!

Regards

Leigh

10. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Three more Eclipse trumpets arrived on Friday afternoon, and they will soon be en route to ITG. A MR - Medium Red, in scratched gold, with polished gold accents, a HMY - Heavy Medium Yellow, in scratched silver, with shiny silver accents, and a LR - Large Red, in shiny 24KT gold. All of them look stunning! As to how they play.... I'm having a really difficult time picking a favorite!

All of the Eclipse trumpets will be sent to ITG via "armed" vehicles. Three decoys will also join the convoy to Denver. Arrival times, and final destination points have been pre-determined, and will be given to each "driver", prior to departure. 8)

I hope that everyone that attends ITG will be sure to stop by the Eclipse booth to say hello, and to try the horns!

See ya soon!
    Bruce