What Are Your Favorite Scream Trumpet Moments?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trickg, Aug 16, 2005.

1. GordonH

GordonH Mezzo Forte User

May 15, 2005
    Scotland
    Maynard Ferguson - Theme from Star Trek (the note played during the fade out when most people have stopped listening).

2. Stradivarius

Stradivarius New Friend

Aug 24, 2005
    California, US
    that is pretty amazing, i can only play the first line of the high part, what does he hit? double e? something very high :-o

3. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    There is a record album from the late 50's or early 60's by the Ted Heath Orchestra entitled:
    "Ted Heath Personnel-Spotlight on the Sidemen"
    London Records LL-1721 from England.

Ted's lead players, Bobby Pratt and Bert Ezzard, along the the whole section, put on a clinic of high note playing. The tightest high trumpet section I ever heard. VERY precise and powerful.
    I would nominate that whole album as MY scream trumpet moments.

-cw-

4. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    freddie hubbards love connection! :cool:

5. Bob Odneal

Bob Odneal Pianissimo User

Jan 5, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    City of Glass/A Trumpet

Check out the last note, double "C" that Maynard plays on The Stan Kenton album City of Glass album on the song A Trumpet. Very powerful with a Diminuendo. I seem to remember that I was not crazy about the entire song, but I bought the album for that one note.

You can find this tune on ITUNES.

Doc's Eb above double C that Manny stated earlier is another amazing example.

Bob

6. ALaschiver

ALaschiver Guest

high note moments

Musically.."Memories of you" Pratt and Ezzard. High, loud and in tune=
    Bud Brisbois, "Blues with a Touch of Elligance" album and two Lou Rawls
    /Onzy Mathews albums.."Tobacco Road and the other I can't remember.
    These two albums should be reissued, but won't be. Bobby Bryant plays lead. The finest, most distinct sound that I ever heard. Nobody knows him but he was a main stay of the LA scene at that time. Its too bad the young players never heard him. He was a consumit musician and had an edge
    that was easily recognizable and could hurt you if you were inline with the bell of his horn at fifty feet.

7. djm6701

djm6701 Pianissimo User

I second "Oh Holy Night" and also Faddis on Legacy - the opening lick to "Night In Tunisia" where he cleanly comes in part way through on a B below double C :-o - When I play that album, I have to stop and listen to that opening a couple of times.

8. TrumpetsAreFun

TrumpetsAreFun Pianissimo User

Aug 28, 2005
    California
    Hi... What is trumpet screaming? I heard people talking about "trumpet screaming" alot

9. Stradivarius

Stradivarius New Friend

Aug 24, 2005
    California, US
    playing high notes, really high

i love high notes ;-)

10. TrumpetsAreFun

TrumpetsAreFun Pianissimo User

Aug 28, 2005
    California
    out of topic... but alot of ppl working to get the notes categorized in "trumpet screaming" but has anyone been working to go SUPER low?