What Are Your Favorite Scream Trumpet Moments?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trickg, Aug 16, 2005.

1. butxifxnot

butxifxnot Pianissimo User

Jul 10, 2004
    Here...
    double pedal G is my lowest of low. But what use is it? It is only good for warming down, and you can do that (even if you can't do pedals) by bending notes or just using the first pedal tones. The pedal C is the hardest pedal to hit, anyway (as is pedal B, pedal Bb, etc when they are fingered correctly).

2. butxifxnot

butxifxnot Pianissimo User

Jul 10, 2004
    Here...
    and usually really loud.

:points: I'm with him.

3. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    We have trombones and tubas for that.

4. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    I experienced my favourite "scream trumpeter" moment today - as I walked into Eclipse wearing my traditional pink wig and heard a shriek from Lara :lol:

Well worth it

5. MGTrumpet

MGTrumpet New Friend

Nov 18, 2004
    Maple Grove, MN
    For something really obscure - a friend of mine has "Kenton plays Wagner" that was made about the time they did "West Side Story". Bud Brisbois was playing lead. My friend had burned the album to CD and the first time I heard it was late one night coming back from a gig. It didn't matter how tired I was, I was fully awake! Just when you think the section can't go any higher, they take it up a notch. I don't think the album was ever released - it's pretty rough. I believe my friend picked it up at a clinic done by Kenton.

6. ChasStarr

ChasStarr Pianissimo User

Feb 22, 2004
    NE Louisiana
    MF Horn 4/5 Live at Jimmy's. MacArthur Park. I think that's the best the Boss had ever recorded that tune.

7. BPinard

BPinard Pianissimo User

Jun 14, 2005
    Setauket, NY
    Dizzy's solo on "Rhumba Finale" on the album "Afro". He just floats right in....

8. san antonio horn

san antonio horn New Friend

Jun 2, 2005
    san antonio, tx
    SCREAMING

Listening to Hamp live...every band he's ever had Last chorus of Flyin' Home.