What are your favorite trumpet songs you play?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TrumpetsAreFun, Sep 3, 2005.

1. TrumpetsAreFun

TrumpetsAreFun Pianissimo User

Aug 28, 2005
    California
    I like Arocknaphobia ooo anyone played Marching Band music? I like Hey Baby! too

2. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    Though I am not that good at them...improving though...Fantasie Brilliante, La Virgen De La Marcarena, Cornet Chop Suey, I Cant Get Started. The are the ones I spend the most time one and would some day love to play each with no mistakes. :D

3. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    I Can't Get Started The Berigan version. A staple in my band. I love both cadenzas. You use the whole horn from the low F#s to the high F in the last chorus.
    James Session Harry James
    You Made Me Love You Harry James
    Take The A Train Do a note for note of the Nance solo
    Crazy Rhythm James again
    Marie Berigan's solo is so great!
    Stardust in Db. Try to find the Artie Shaw version with Billy Butterfield's solo right off the top. Very nice.
    And The Angels Sing Either the B Goodman or Ziggy version with the ballad, the frailich and the swing.

These are the solos I really enjoy playing with the swing band.

-cw-

4. butxifxnot

butxifxnot Pianissimo User

Jul 10, 2004
    Here...
    Yes to Arban's arrangements! :-) I like Fantaisie as well, but am better at Carnival of Venice (both Arban's and Clarke's, though Arban's sounds better). I'd love to get my hands on the Green Hornet, and if I could just get down flight of the bumblebee :x

5. pwillini

pwillini Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I usually play only sacred arrangements. Currently I'm working on an arrangement of "Joshua 'fit the Battle of Jericho" for this coming Sunday. I am working it up with my ZeuS Olympus, copper bell and leadpipe, with a copper Harmon mute. Neat sound, especially with the piano behind me. Next is an arrangement of "Simple Gifts" and "Redeemed" with a soundtrack featuring full orchestration. The Worship Pastor at our church is laying down the tracks for this one, we're working on a couple of them tomorrow, to get the sound I want. Right now he's got almost 15 instruments laid down, says he thinks it needs more so we'll see tomorrow!

6. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    When we're talking about "songs," Cornet Chop Suey has got to be at the top of the list. An oldie but a goodie.
    -Jimi

7. dbacon

dbacon Mezzo Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    But Beautiful

8. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

Trumpet Voluntary

Ka-Ching $$$

9. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    I love to play the music from the Phantom of the Opera. Very powerful and moving when you play the solo Bb trumpet arrangments.

I'm sure as I start through Arban's I'll develope some new ones that I like/dislike :-P

10. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    develope that's great. Hope my playing is better then my spelling! :-(