What are your thoughts about this trumpet contest.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpet_man, Feb 10, 2008.

1. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    Did you enter the past TrumpetMaster.com contests that required more creativity?

Schwab likes this.
  2. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    Do you think it will look something like this?

:evil: :twisted: :x

CHAMP likes this.
  3. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    I am constantly surprised by the reactions people have to events. I m equally amazed at how people need to state their opinions about how feelings can be hurt, at the same time offending others around them. Hmm.

You will not find many better people than Felix in this crazy business. Felix is a good friend and I have seen his incredible sense of giving first hand. He is not a big business and giving away a horn is not just a write off. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to single out the NYTC for this contest is absurd.

In this day and age of caring so much about expressing our feelings maybe we need to think about the feelings on the other side. It is very unfortunate this post has happened.

TD

misty.sj likes this.
  4. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Well said!

5. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    I think it's great that a small (compared to companies like Bach or Yamaha) trumpet maker would be willing to just give away a horn! I would imagine that the cost of making a trumpet isn't something that NYTC makes a habit of giving away. The smaller companies are usually the most generous. I really hope that the NYTC folks don't take too much offence at this one rather bizzare opinion. They're definitely a valuable part of this forum.

As for my participation (or lack of), while I appreciate the gesture, I have two great Bb trumpets and if I really need another, I can buy one. I hope that this horn will go to someone who is in NEED of a great horn and may not have the resources for it. Hopefully those people will be the most motivated at the end of the contest!

Jason.

6. dow30

dow30 Piano User

Apr 26, 2005
    NY
    I don't understand the rules either,:dontknow: but if the New York Trumpet Co. want to sponsor a contest, that's great.

7. CHAMP

CHAMP Piano User

Nov 16, 2005
    this contest is a great opportunity...trumpet_man i am personally against you, but i'm not asking other people agree with my opinion

the rules are very very very very very very very very very very very complicated and i don't recommend anyone else entering the competition!

8. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    No, but in previous contests I have been busy with school. Now I would have the time to do something cool...

9. bilboinsa

bilboinsa Piano User

Jan 24, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    +1.

Regarding the OP, it's all marketing, and good for NYTC I hope.

10. dmh737

dmh737 Pianissimo User

Jan 12, 2007
    North Alabama
    What's the big deal? So far the posts have been cordial & fun. I think it's great that these companies do these things for us (and them). My only drawback is that it will probably in the end go to some unemployed loser that hasn't left his computer in a month while I'm at work & can't post. Oh well. Se la vi!

Dave