What are your thoughts about this trumpet contest.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpet_man, Feb 10, 2008.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    why is an unemployed person a loser?

2. Toobz

Toobz Mezzo Piano User

Feb 5, 2007
    While it may be true that someone with unlimited time on their hands could win this contest. I believe this contest allows everyone to play , without any committee's or judge's panels to offer up a verdict. Thus allowing the winner and contest promoter to remain free of any charges of bias or favoritism. Seems like a pretty sound concept to work from. While it's not perfect, I have yet to see another contest that's as interesting and as unbiased.

Thank you to NYTC for offering this promotion to Trumpetmaster, and not other sites that would have been thrilled for just this opportunity. We are very lucky indeed !

misty.sj likes this.
  3. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    While technically anyone with an unlimited amount of time on their hands could win the contest, I doubt it. Everyone has to eat / sleep / go to the bathroom, and I hope that most of us are setting aside time every day to practice. So those are times where it's pretty damned hard to be at the computer. When the contest interval gets down below 10 minutes, I really think it will be hard for someone to win the contest by brute force, barring the use of a script. I'm actually unclear on whether use of a script would be allowed. The admins could block the use of a script extremely easily, by installing or enabling 'captcha' or other bot-prevention technology on the contest thread. It could be as simple as making someone add the current hour to the previous post number and include the total number in their post.

4. tatakata

tatakata Mezzo Forte User

May 29, 2007
    I would say there are 15-20 people following the rules and participating in the contest. another 20 who did not or can not read the rules and are playing..... im not quite sure why some of you can't figure out the contest when about 20 or more can.... but im glad you can't :lol:

5. tatakata

tatakata Mezzo Forte User

May 29, 2007
    :lol:

6. brem

brem Mezzo Forte User

Sep 13, 2007
    Quebec City, QC, Canada
    You'd be surprised to what extent I'm willing to go to win this trumpet... and I'm employed :D

7. stevek

stevek New Friend

Jan 11, 2008
    MPLS MN
    I agree with the person who said that this is a win/win. Advertising leading to name recognition leading to people talking about and responding to the ad and the product.

8. TopGun

TopGun Pianissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Grow up son. You can't understand how to win so you cry like a little baby. If I don't get a toy then no one should get one. Please. You are embarrassing yourself young man.

If you don't like the contest go to one of the other on-line trumpet forums giving away custom trumpets worth thousands of dollars.

9. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    When it gets down to small periods of time I plan on taking timed naps so I can post within the interval required. I am also going to bring my laptop to every class I have.

10. trumpet_man

trumpet_man Piano User

Jan 17, 2008
    Wyoming
    Actually, that's not what I meant. I'll be very happy for whoever wins it. I just don't have the time for it with all this homework and I have 31 songs I have to learn this semester on the trumpet (I'm a sophomore in HS) and just don't have that kind of time on my hands. I'm excited for who will win it, I just don't want anyone to be truly let down.