What comes before beginner?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by FredSuperNun, May 21, 2010.

1. FredSuperNun

FredSuperNun New Friend

May 21, 2010
    Wales
    lol would web cam lessons actually work? Guess i'd need a non headset mic for a start :p
    Thats a different route I can look down thanks :) But still need to pick a trumpet first.

2. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    I've been teaching web cam lessons for over a year. They do work. There are a number of good student horns to look for and there is a lot of junk that will waste your time and money. For the web cam to work you need a top of the line web cam like the logitech 9000 and a good computer with broadband hook up. The skype online service is free

3. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    I startd moving forward, only when I found real life teacher. He fixed my embouchure. I tossed him now bcause he was crap, but as crappy as he was he was still 10 times better than DIY bussines

Now I know my weakneses and I practice, in few months I'll get new less crappy one

The problem in my country is that we do not have trumpet teachers, but brass teachers that teach everything from tuba, french horn, tenor horn, trumpet, to flute, saxophone even clarinet, imagine that! He was good guy really, but he simply didnt meet my expectations. And he was shallow. He diagnosed the problem (breathing, and tension in the throat, but he couldnt solve it, he just said relax it will pop, but it didnt) the guys here solved it for me.

So my advice is to combine both, RL teacher and TM