What did Santa bring this Year?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Sethoflagos, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    Haynes Brass Instrument Manual (Simon Croft and Andy Taylor) - A 'must have' for all our bookcases. 10 minutes into it and I was planning out my own workshop (in my dreams!). Link is Product: Brass Instrument Manual - so no excuses!

Stocked up on 'lost' music from Classical - Trumpet - Brass - Sheet Music & Songbooks - Musicroom.com :- Hindemith Sonata, Arutunjan Concerto, Enesco Legend, Goedicke Etude, Martinu Sonatine.

Discovered the excellent Editions Marc Reift : and treated myself to Zigeunerweisen (Sarasate arr. Dokshitser) for Bb/C trumpet & piano and (one I will actually be able to play;-)) Dokshitser's Suite pour Trompette Solo "en style de Prokoview" both unaccompanied and Bb trumpet & piano. Never come across this piece before - but tunes by one of my favourite composer's arranged by one of my favourite trumpeters - how good does it get :woop:

Not only had I failed to find my trusty Denis Wick 1W despite turning the house upside-down, but it appears that DW no longer make that model :bash:. So I consoled myself by ordering a DW 1 and DW 1X from Trumpet Mouthpieces for sale at Low Prices with Expert Advice, Online or the Music Shop in Manchester.

Merry Xmas all, and hope these links help others in dire need of odd stuff at short notice.

2. jaemard

jaemard Mezzo Piano User

Jul 2, 2012
    San Rafael, CA
    What did Santa bring me? Santa brought me a shiny raw brass Adams A9 and a bunch of Sean Connery movies ;-)

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Sounds like you are set for the new year. So, uhh, how are Hillary and Alison? :wub:

4. gbshelbymi

gbshelbymi Mezzo Piano User

Jan 3, 2013
    Travelers Rest, SC
    I got mostly clothes but had told my wife I didn't want anything, since I have had Christmas all year: 12B, CarolBrass Cornet, 80a,40a,18a, Committee, Flugel, piccolo, all this year.

5. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Lots of work for Christmas this year... Bach, Christmas Oratorio twice in two days (1st trp); Michael Haydn, Missa brevis in C; Karl M. Doll, Christmas Concerto for Trumpet and Organ... and I declined an emergency call for yet another Bach... Now for our granny's famous Cream of Garlic soup and then a biiig slice of our Christmas duck, with red cabbage, dumplings, sauteed mushrooms, cranberry sauce and a home-made banoffee pie to follow... yummy...

Edit:

Santy obviously thought I've been a good boy during the year, so an e-bay auction that ended five minutes ago brought me a Courtois 111 ML at € 300 (new, never played, with case and full side effects...)... thath's # 33 in the collection... it's fortunate that all the work of the last few days is now financing the Courtois! Merry Christmas everyone!

6. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
  7. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Maybe a bag designer.....

8. Evergrey_rocks

Evergrey_rocks Piano User

Aug 18, 2013
    Santa brought me a 2nd King Silver Flair. Now I have one to march with and one for Concert/jazz. Both look brand new, only difference is one is from the 90's with no dents and the other is from 2001/2002 with like 4 dings. Silver Plating all 100% on both! And both play the exact same, only my 2001 Flair has much quicker valves and slides. Other than my 2nd Flair, I got a few CD's a few shirts and a jacket from Santa. And lots o' cash to spend :D

So: what year is my new Flair from? Definitely a 90's horn, but what year? serial number: 5_7312XX

9. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Not too much musical stuff this year, except for a couple CD's I've wanted - Clifford Brown with Strings and Harry Connick Jr's, Every Man Should Know.

But I want to do my part to help my friends here on TM. If anyone received an extra flugelhorn they're not sure what to do with, I can give it a good home. :-)

Mike

10. Randall Nelson

Randall Nelson Mezzo Piano User

Nov 26, 2011
    WA State
    Good stuff this year..music wise Santa dropped off a backup to my customized and tweeked Karl Hammond MB piece along with a new MLX of the same custom rim size. Love them both. Also got a ozone generator to de-stink some old horn cases.....
    le pew.jpg