What did Santa bring this Year?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Sethoflagos, Dec 25, 2013.

1. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    TC-Helicon Voicelive Touch 2 vocal processor - first steps into electronically modified trumpet performance this year. Initial messing around indicates that it'll be lots of fun - harmonizer, looping as well as the usual room effects.

On a strictly acoustic angle, a Jet Tone Studio B 7M which my brother had loaned me became mine :-) . This piece provides the fattest imaginable sound on my Super. I've been scouring ebay, looking for one without luck, so over Christmas dinner I asked my brother if he'd sell it, he said "just keep it" (he doesn't practice enough to be able to do a whole gig on a big piece).

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Two good books to cozy up to: "The Killing of Jesus", and "How to Choose Wine". If I am really really lucky, my guests will leave soon so I can practice my trumpets.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    By the way, gave both of my daughters body lotion. Hope they get the message.

4. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    The musical Santa visits me all through the year, so nothing big on Christmas. For Christmas this year, he brought me some repairs to the 1890 Besson cornet I recently bought.

5. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    I got a Pro-Tec Mike Vax trumpet flugle case, the wheeled one( not a moment too soon ,either). My son (younger one) and his wife got me a copy of R.L. Wilson's Peacemakers( Colt SAA's). Our oldest got me a nice robe( warm!), his boys gave me a pair of Isotoner gloves and a T-shirt. Our youngest gave me some gift cards for a couple eateries.:oops:

6. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Music related, used music books entitled "Bop Duets" by Bower and "101 Jazz and Popular Songs for Trumpet-Jazz and Pops." Actually saw several of you guys recommending the former, spotted it used on eBay so bought it for my son. Technically they belong to him as they were his present, but it takes two to play trumpet duets. :)

7. phittle

phittle Pianissimo User

May 9, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Santa brought me a 1947 Olds Special in beautiful shape!

8. Sterling

Sterling Mezzo Forte User

Oct 22, 2007
    Marcellus, NY
    I got the sheet music to the Bach violin partitias and sonatas arranged for mandolin! How's that for a break from trumpet Christmas gigs?

9. sounds7

sounds7 Forte User

Sep 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    Santa did not bring me my Harrelson, just a lump of coal. Must have been a bad bad boy. ;|

I did recently buy two used Bach stradivarius trumpets for myself though just before Christmas so I guess that counts. :)

10. chapmand

chapmand Piano User

Jul 26, 2010
    Edmonton, Alberta
    I guess some folks on the east coast could use that lump of coal while their power is out.!
    On the home front here I have been awaiting the delivery of a Schlub Brass vertical rotary Bb trumpet... However due to a death in his family things have been on hold. Hoping to see it soon in the new year. If luck is with me the trumpet will come with a second horn: a newly released Tromba plastic trumpet. Yes, yes, I will report on it if/ when it arrives.