What did Santa bring this Year?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Sethoflagos, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    Well, I got to visit my old hometown (Kalamazoo Michigan) and family for Christmas. I didn't get any trumpet related items, but I did visit my favorite blues club for a jam session. I didn't have a horn, but I did play a set on organ....

It was really great. I haven't played with a group for quite some time, and it was really nice to do it again. I might even go back one more time before I head back to the Nashville area... and this time with a trumpet!

So I guess that "Santa" brought me the opportunity to get back into a great music scene and enjoying some truly awesome jam time!

Kujo

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    OK I guess if you can play more than E A D & G

3. arlington

arlington Pianissimo User

Aug 14, 2012
    Lancaster, OH
    King super 20 S2

4. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    For Christmas, both my wife and I completed eye cataract removal and lens implant surgery. I can now see her, TV, this durn old monitor, and my music much better. Too, early in December I bought a double LED light set-up for my music stand.

5. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Welcome to a brighter world, ED. Finished up on both mine in June. What an improvement. I need to get a light like that for what I'm doing now. Those low light band areas are hard on the eyes:oops:

6. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    A Facet Mutes Brusio mute from Bruce Lee.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

7. jaemard

jaemard Mezzo Piano User

Jul 2, 2012
    San Rafael, CA
    And now it looks like I'm grabbing myself a Brasspire flugel from ACB. Selling my saxes was a fantastic idea.

8. graysono

graysono Mezzo Forte User

Jan 22, 2007
    Hyde Park, Utah
    Moved my Yamaha 6310z to a band colleague and he took the 8310z for his daughter. Found a Kanstul Besson 609 in great shape to go with the 709 I already have. HOHO!

9. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    One other Christmas gift I forgot was a set of homemade felt mutes for trumpet and flugelhorn, which my wife made for me. I realize it's stylish to use a Crown Royal bag for this, but a felt mute (IMHO) looks better.

Mike

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Good to have for some church gigs. At one of my first church gigs outside my church the other trumpeter and I were invited to celebrate communion. We turned to each other as said at the same time "It's grape juice!" A Crown Royal bag would not have been welcomed there, I think.