What did Santa bring this Year?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Sethoflagos, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    Watched a five-piece band (drum, kbd, bass guitar, 2 trumpets) busking in York city centre just before christmas. I stayed a good ten minutes while they ran through "Winner Takes it All" and "Brasil" partly because they're two of my favourite fun "party tunes", and partly because the guys were really rocking. Found time for a quick chat while I was digging out some loose change, and (of course) an excuse to spy out what gear they had. A battered old Jupiter and a Mirage. There's a lesson in there somewhere :-)

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    That's one of the reasons most my horns are raw brass.

3. Pinstriper

Pinstriper Mezzo Forte User

Nov 26, 2013
    Portlandia
    I thought I was the only one who did that. Mine are color coded (gotta get some Crown Black for the Bucket - the plunger mute is on it's own).

Attached Files:

4. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Turn the Crown Royal Bags inside out as then there should be no social /clergical concern and they work just as well.

5. cfkid

cfkid Pianissimo User

Jul 24, 2013
    I just ordered a Kanstul 1525 Flugelhorn and a Torpedo Coyote 2.5 Snarl case. Santa didn't bring it, but the craps table sure helped on Saturday night. All that for a player nobody ever hears. I guess that will have to change so I can recoup the cost of the new toy!

Mark

6. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    I garnered together gift money and gift cards and put a ProTec Mike Vax combo case on order for Christmas - that's the only trumpet/music related "gift" I got this year other than a couple of pairs of drumsticks and the aforementioned Guitar Center gift cards.

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Mark, you are a brilliant gifted man. You will love the Torpedo Coyote 2.5 Snarl. I use the same case to protect my beauty. Ignore any ridicule you get from Rapier regarding your present. He is just Scrooge in disguise.

8. cfkid

cfkid Pianissimo User

Jul 24, 2013
    I figured I get a reply from you on that post Gary. I knew you'd like the Flugel, but didn't know you had the Snarl too. I think I'm going to need to find a research study to cover the extra cost. Or just sell my screwed up DNA to the highest bidder.

9. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Actually, I think Rapier is Scrooge's uncle- you know, the one that was deported from Scotland because he was so tight-fisted...

10. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    My daughter surprised me with a Protec bag for my Getzen, which was last year's big gift. (I did all the hunting for that and met the seller in NYC on that cold December morning to purchase it, after playing it right on the street!)
    I am still rejoicing now from last Christmas! And playing better, I am quite sure. Had all the family together, and had a wonderful time, so I received all I could have asked for!