What did Santa bring this Year?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Sethoflagos, Dec 25, 2013.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I too love my Soulo mute. I am using it more and more on gigs with the quintet, not just with the big band charts that require a bucket mute.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I agree with TrumpetMD in appreciating this is the best gift of the season. And the fact that you can still kiss your love(s) makes it all right with the entire Universe! Congratulations!!

3. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    My wife didn't know what to get me for Christmas, so I told her she could give me the repairs to my recent eBay buy. It was already at Southeastern Musical to get the slides and valves removed (stuck like glue), and the bell was mashed into the braces and the flare was badly bent on the left side, so I got them to fix the bell, too. Bill Deiss did a great job of it without taking the bell off, and didn't damage any of the nice engraving. Merry Christmas to me, and here's a Happy New Year picture of it I took today...:D

[​IMG]

4. robeebee

robeebee Pianissimo User

Jul 24, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Santa didn't bring me anything this year so I've ordered myself some more goodies from HarrelsonTrumpets

Got a new 5mm mouthpiece coming plus pre ordered a swe tuning slide

Also a adjustable gap reciever

5. bobd0

bobd0 Piano User

Jan 10, 2009
    I got a couple of books I'm really enjoying and some excellent Oasis GPX carbon strings -- but more importantly -- I got a green light for another horn.

Now I just have to find the right one. Or maybe two? :shhh: :lol: