What did Santa bring you?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bagnewauckland, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Bagnewauckland

Bagnewauckland Pianissimo User

Dec 2, 2008
    New Zealand
    As the Title may imply, here we can tell all the others about what Trumpet (or general music) related goodies you got for Christmas!

I'll start, with my Brand new Stagg Rotary Flugelhorn. Now, I know that Stagg may not have the greatest reputation, but this is my second Stagg (the first was my first trumpet which was actually quite decent). I really like this flugel, it's got a nice sound, and nice valves, but the tuning's not the best.... no trigger either, so I've got quite a bit (or a lot!) of lipping to do, but it's not awful.
    All in all, it's bloody brilliant for ~US$290 (NZ$399, on sale from 799)

So, over to you guys!

Hope you've had/are having a Fantastic, safe, happy and Holy Christmas

2. Mamba21500

Mamba21500 Piano User

Feb 26, 2009
    Well, its still christmas eve over here in england, but ill tell you anyway ;)
    lets see... A pair of socks, some anti perspirant, lots of chocolate, some money, and a t shirt :-)

and a new trumpet! Almost forgot that !

ill get some pics and a review up tomorrow if I have time :-)

3. willbarber

willbarber Piano User

Nov 22, 2008
    Medina, NY
    Not Christmas yet, but I got Rockband 2 and Beatles Rock Band from my grandma, and I asked for valve oil from my parents :)

4. Jurandr

Jurandr Pianissimo User

Feb 23, 2008
    Illinois
    Still another 12 hours...
    I did not ask for anything this year. I usually ask for some overpriced electronic nonsense but times are tough and I didn't want to be the cause of any overspending. I'll let them do it on their own ;)

5. Genesis3003

Genesis3003 Pianissimo User

Nov 3, 2008
    North Dakota
    i got a reunion blues triple gig bag for christmas about an hour ago. really nice.

6. Bagnewauckland

Bagnewauckland Pianissimo User

Dec 2, 2008
    New Zealand
    Nice! (for those who were wondering about the time I posted this, here it was 11:20 AM on 25/12)

7. y-o-y

y-o-y Pianissimo User

Sep 25, 2009
    Long Beach, CA
    I am saving up for a new horn by withholding expensive gifts from my loved ones...does that count?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  8. horner

horner Pianissimo User

Jul 19, 2008
    London, England
    Merry Christmas all!

Ive been up since 5 am, cant get back to sleep and not opened any presents yet but i know a few of them as i ordered them of the net, lol.

Music wise that i know of there is an MF play along and a Jazz Improv play along and i got an early present, a Louis Armstrong Christmas CD a couple of days ago so i could listen to it and get into the christmas mood, lol.

Will have to wait and see what other music stuff i get, cant wait! :D

9. missmybaby

missmybaby Pianissimo User

Sep 27, 2009
    Detroit Metro
    We've always opened one gift on xmas eve. I got the Miles Davis box set.

10. patdublc

patdublc Pianissimo User

Jul 20, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    Santa is bringing me a Naumann 4-hole Baroque Trumpet with the Haas bell. Andy doesn't even know about it yet. I just placed the order with Lee @Check Levins yesterday. It will be a few months before it is built and delivered.

pat