What did Santa bring you?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bagnewauckland, Dec 24, 2009.

1. HSOtrumpet1

HSOtrumpet1 Pianissimo User

Nov 28, 2008
    Michigan
    A new metronome and a folding stand!!!

Essentials for a musician.

2. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    I got an old Doc Severinsen album that I had been looking for for months. Now I need to find somebody in Tidewater VA to convert the LP to digital format so that I can burn a CD to listen to. Anybody know where I can get that done reasonably?

3. willbarber

willbarber Piano User

Nov 22, 2008
    Medina, NY
    Today, Santa brought my valve oil, slide oil, and Resonance by Joey Pero, which was signed and came with the free promo copy that he promised.

The CD is playing right now :)
    My non-trumpet sister was amazed by the first song :p

4. RB-R37297

RB-R37297 Pianissimo User

Mar 12, 2009
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Santa brought me a brand new Yamaha Xeno 8335RGS. I took the plastic off of it.

I'm. So. Happy. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sidenote: I'm having signature problems; there's no text cursor and I can only write stuff before "Jon" and I can't delete anything after; little help?

5. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Santa is bringing a one year old Kanstul Chicago trumpet with leather Reunion Blues gig bag. That is what happens when you checke-bay on Christmas eve at midnight. Probably paid a couple of hundred too much, but that's how the bidding went.

I'd appreciate any comments regarding how others see these horns. I've never played a CHicago. Any ideas how it might compare to a Kanstul 1502 (Callichio clone), Bach strad, or Olds Super?

6. SFPat

SFPat Pianissimo User

Sep 20, 2009
    Houston
    An Arbans (spiral wound) and a practice mute.

7. atticus1

atticus1 New Friend

Dec 21, 2009
    MI
    I got a refinished getzen super deluxe, along with some new valve oil, slide grease, etc. non-trumpet, i got a new vivitar spotting scope and a 320 gb seagate external hard drive.

8. Jurandr

Jurandr Pianissimo User

Feb 23, 2008
    Illinois
    Do you use firefox? Try using internet explorer instead. I had that problem too.

Anywho, I got a fancy new polishing rag and a folding stand that *runs up to test* YES! It can indeed hold my Arban's book! My parents also bought me one of those funny iPod docks which plays Wynton much quieter than my old stereo system. I think I can take a hint!

9. abtrumpet

abtrumpet Pianissimo User

Nov 14, 2009
    xtreme trumpet pro pac case by pro tec :D

10. mchs3d

mchs3d Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2005
    Provo, UT
    Santa is bringing me a new double trumpet case (when it will arrive, I don't know. Apparently Santa sells on eBay now.) Also, there will be some good music. As far as a trumpet, there will be no new ones. However, I bought myself a Bach Strad for $500 back in November. Does that count?