what do i need

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ltg_trumpet, Mar 4, 2009.

1. ltg_trumpet

ltg_trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Jan 21, 2009
    what do i need to do laquer touch ups on my horn?? links pleese sorry im rushed...

2. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

is the lacquer coming off? or is it just tarnished?

If it is just tarnished, you can get a cloth for pretty cheap,
    if its coming off, I'd talk to a local trumpet tech, or get a valve guard for your horn

3. s.coomer

s.coomer Forte User

Mar 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, In
    I agree with the above poster take it to a technician and see what they can tell you.

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    for a good job it depends on what your horn is laquered with. To just protect the horn, nail polish works ok.

Generally, wear happens where a touch up won't last too long either - unless you get the whole horn done.

5. Al Innella

Al Innella Forte User

Aug 9, 2007
    Levittown , NY
    Use clear nail polish for small touch ups such as wear from where your hand grips around the valves it can be reapplied as many times as needed and it won't hurt your horn .

6. ltg_trumpet

ltg_trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Jan 21, 2009
    no its my super collegiate, someone said i should get a kit for it cuz the laquer is comming of in several places... but i just sent it in so when they give me the quote ill ask them to vfx that up...

7. Rushtucky

Rushtucky Pianissimo User

Sep 15, 2008
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Shine up the tarnished area, buff with a soft cloth and "gently" apply clear finger nail polish. Or you can get some high gloss clear polyurethan and take a foam brush and do the same as above.