What Do Louis Armstrong and Brittney Spears have in common?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Eclipsehornplayer, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Irmgard

Irmgard Pianissimo User

Mar 17, 2006
    Germany
    Very funny :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I like that :cool: :lol:

2. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    After researching further into this on the internet, it's obviously a joke. Only one site that I've found suggests that it is true, and that was just a forum like this one. It turns out that "Oops I did it again" was not written by Louie Armstrong, but actualy by a Sweedish couple Martin Karl Sandberg and Rami Yacoub.

I do agree though that this hoax was brilliant and very well put together. Although I should have noticed at the bottm of the original site "Vocals: Shek Baker, Trumpet: Kurt Stockdale, Music: Chris Meesick"

3. Spitty

Spitty Pianissimo User

Oct 3, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Spears is a disgusting talentless hack who has no place in the world of entertainment whatsoever. I can't believe that her "music" and life is of such great interest to millions of people - it boggles my mind.

4. Rgale

Rgale Mezzo Forte User

Jun 16, 2005
    You say that like it's a bad thing. :shock:
    What she does is just fine- if you like watching a surgically enhanced girl who doesn't sing well.Most people don't care about music at all, but just watch the show. Unfortunately, that describes the majority today.
    Sorry. :dontknow:

At least the hoax is funny. Which is more than I can say about 'popular' music today. But if it's really popular, how come nobody can remember it next year, or even next month?

5. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    I should have known better....

I'm a huge Louis Armstrong fan, always have been. I think that I was so shocked by the possibility that this may have been true that I was stunned senseless :shock:

This caused me to not think rationally and provoked me to post this without proper research... Yikes... Lesson learned.

As for Brittney Spears well in my mind she's just another pretty face who can dance. She has no paticular talent vocally but then who of this generation really does.

I really enjoyed Christina Aguillara when she came out. Not because she was also very attractive but because she actually could sing quite well. She's bi-linugal she speaks Spanish and has done several albums in spanish as her dad is from Ecaudor.

Sadly she lost her mind and sold out to the power of sex and decided to start acting more like Brittney and the like. Less and less clothes, acting very loose and undignified. So I lost a great deal of respect for her. I hate to see true talent overshadowed by sex.

6. stewmuse

stewmuse Pianissimo User

Apr 28, 2004
    NW Chicago
    Well... that's possibly true, but unlikely. Regardless of whether we LIKE the music she performs, she has the ability to have style, rhythmic control, good pitch, and stage presence. These are ALL things we need to have as performers.

Can she sing? Well, she nails the style of music which she's performing. Could she sing Schubert's "Ave Maria" and do a stylistically credible job? We don't know...

I've personally heard many players who excel in one style or genre who are terrible in another (Al Hirt and his version of the Haydn immediately springs to mind). We shouldn't be so ready to condemn someone for "not performing only music of the highest order" just because we do.

The fact that she HAS sold millions of records and graces the covers of so many tabloids precisely means that she DOES belong in the ENTERTAINMENT world, but perhaps not the "art music" one...

7. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.

8. Spitty

Spitty Pianissimo User

Oct 3, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    I hear you guys - I have a tendency to go on rants about the likes of Spears. I just don't dig what they're doing at all, but admittedly I should just accept that for what it is, my opinion and preference. I do happen to dig a lot of pop music that many players and artists would deem to be crap.

Cheers y'all - happy playing,
    Spitty

9. averagejoe

averagejoe Pianissimo User

Oct 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Man, this post almost sent me to the hospital! I haven't laughed that hard in a while --

Paul

10. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    That's cool. just wondering........ how do you feel about Hillary ? :-)