What do people think of this PM when taken with reguard to double standards.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by lovevixen555, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    Hello, I just wanted to let you know why I'm editing your posts, since you don't seem to understand. I only edit out non-trumpet related material, which in some cases is the majority of the posts. I do this to keep threads on topic and to aid in the digesting of the content of your posts.

Also, when you post in the Equipment forums, those are the forums that I moderate. What I say there goes, this board is not a democracy. If you don't like the way I moderate, I suggest you check out the Trumpet Herald, where I do not moderate or post.

Forum: trumpetherald.com

Also, if you continue to provoke me, I will probably ban you. We've already discussed the option as moderators, so it wouldn't be a big surprise to anyone. Just to let you know. Thanks.

Dylan

This just confirms what I Have already said for some time about being a target if you do not act like a mindless leming and follow the leader's. I have never been one to post a PM before but this goes directly to credability of what I have said in the past about power corupting those that are supposed to be leaders. So if I am not around you will surely know that I was banned and did not just stop posting since I still greatly enjoy many peoples company.

In this case though it will not be because I had a run in with Mr. Wise the artist in residence as that seems to be the number one way in which people either get banned or leave. The above PM was clearly meant to be intimadateing and the portion about the equipment section well that was bang on nothing more then the kid witht he football makeing sure you knew he could change the rules as he felt like!

Since my post's are usualy constructive and on target it is not like I am talking about sea lions in my threads. If I use an anology to make a point it is still directed squarely at the topic at hand which is always in some way about trumpets or brass wind instruments in general be it their use or their production. I do not tell everyone to go see an expert everytime they have a problem! How is that useful,constructive or in any way a disscussion? I do not tell people that they have to have a pro-model trumpet that meet's me standards in order to have a trumpet worth playing. I am not the one that tell's everyone that all forms of excess are needed in order to be a proper trumpet player. In fact if anyone on these sites are disscussion killers it would be the Moderators who seem intent on running everyone off at the drop of a dime! Not only does fruitful and useful information almost never come out of a moderators mouth or keyboard in this case but when it does their is always some foul loathing like attitude accompaning the good advice like it pains you moderavtors to do anything but tell people to go see an expert. If not for the fact that most people are persistent and post in spite of you guys almost no discussion would take place on this site! While you might hate me and people like me if not for use this site would have the personality of a porciepine or aligator.....Unlike you I come to this site with love and in my heart for my fellow man and I truly wish to help anyone I can and I enjoy the banter of my friends or even just other members that I am not friends with. Can you say the same? Do you come to this site with love in your heart or loathing? DO you really seek to help people anad build them up or only to make them conform to your idea of what a proper trumpet player and trumpet is?

I have known for some time that I would eventually be banned fromthis site so this is not a huge suprise or shock to me at all. My life hat purpose and meaning before I came here and it will continue to have purpose and meaning. Does your life have a purpose and a meaning Dylan? Trumpets and playing them are my hobbie as are collecting and fixing them they are not my life. Even when you win and run me off your life will not improve any it will be a shallow and hollow victory that will fade rather quickly.

2. Schwab

Schwab Mezzo Piano User Staff Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Here's what I think, from the site rules:

"3. How this Site is Moderated

You will notice that we do not have specific moderators for "general" forums at this time. That does not mean those areas are not moderated. The TM is watched closely by our dedicated "Artists in Residence" and Webmasters (Click here to meet our "Artists in Residence" and Staff!)in addition to close friends of the TM who keep an eye on the site. We do our best to make sure things run as smoothly as possible."

And more importantly, the last line of #14:

"14. What you agreed to when you registered for this site:

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of TrumpetMaster will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of TrumpetMaster, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of TrumpetMaster reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

Hopefully we can get back to the business of discussing trumpets and music now. Goodbye Lovevixen555!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
    vntgbrslvr and nordlandstrompet like this.
  3. vntgbrslvr

vntgbrslvr Piano User

Oct 10, 2008
    Waukesha, Wisconsin

Actually............... I'm going to savor this moment for quite a while.................

Regardless of what people think about public forums, They aren't a personal playground....Your pretty much a guest in someone elses' house, and need to act as such.

I have been a forum moderator, and it's a thankless job.

Thanks for cleaning up the joint Mods!

Schwab likes this.
  4. GoodMusic@PA

[email protected] Piano User

Aug 7, 2008
    I agree, I am not trying to backstab on lovevixen555 but he always threw the people that replied to my threads off topic, asking specific people different questions. And I also agree with the above person, forums are not personal playgrounds...

5. m d

m d New Friend

Feb 4, 2009
    Reading Pa.
    trumpet players do have egos

6. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    Sorry you got banned lovevixen555, maybe you're banned only for a few days.....

We should all remember the last three sentences in your second last paragraph.... Good advice for all.

7. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    Good riddance.

8. Labidochromis

Labidochromis Pianissimo User

Jan 7, 2009
    Armstrong BC.
    Tranquility........................

This is kind of a zen moment, it just feels peaceful.

I don't have a lot of tolerance for drama; something I must work on I guess.

I agree with "House rules" and being a graceful guest. It is the kind of thing that makes a forum like this so much more enjoyable.

Cheers!

:cool:

9. Jurandr

Jurandr Pianissimo User

Feb 23, 2008
    Illinois
    I can't exactly say I like Lovevixen555. Always derailing topics and doesn't want to listen to reason when somebody argues with her theories.

What do I think of this PM, you ask?
    It hit the nail on the head.

10. Darthsunshine

Darthsunshine Mezzo Forte User

Jul 19, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    No more need to ignore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.