What do people think of this PM when taken with reguard to double standards.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by lovevixen555, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    lovevixen555,

You said:

"I have known for some time that I would eventually be banned from this site so this is not a huge suprise or shock to me at all."

You did not pay much attention to your reputation notation , so it appeared that you had an agenda running contrary to Trumpet Master. You also gave the impression that you were rather proud of it.

Your banning is more a result of your unwillingness to change your style of postings that appeared to cause your reputation not to improve. You had interesting things to say, but you also had several "in your face" comments that would have been better left unsaid or at least said in a different way. Maybe the banning won't be permanent, but it should be a lesson learned should you be permitted to return in the future. You undoubtedly have good things to share, but the way in which they are shared will have to be amended.

You can have disagreements with the "Artists In Residence" but not in the way you proceeded to share those disagreements. It was as if you were looking for a confrontation with the Artists in Residence and the Moderators, but apparently things went too far. We are guests here and when we disagree, we need to be respectful of each other, the Artists in Residence and the Moderators.

Best wishes,

Lloyd

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  2. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    High five, Schwab...you made my day!

3. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Even though what we do here is written, it has the essence of dialog. The implication is that when you make a post and someone responds to it, you will consider their point of view in responding back. Give and take. All of either to the exclusion of the other gets tiresome.

Respect underlies the success of forums like this one. When after repeated constructive criticism about agitated and sloppy writing a poster makes no effort to clean up his act, it is a sign of the lack of respect for the other participants, and possibly for himself.

Often we (well, I only know that I have been, except in the rare case where someone makes a PM public) are considerate enough to PM the "difficult" party with suggestions of how to make things work better for them and for us, this "chiding" done not in front of everyone else out of respect for the individual's feelings. (Praise in public, reprimand in private.) But this fell on deaf "ears" for me, no reply received.

I am genuinely sorry that anyone gets banned, but otherwise we would be nearly unable to extract any meaningful content because of their obsessive and obstructive posting. Perhaps it is me who is obsessive in my efforts to make myself clear and my ideas readable and coherent. Whatever floats your boat, the choice is not whether we obsess (we ARE trumpet players), but how it manifests itself when we share it.
    veery

4. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    Man O Man...... this dude aint been here a year and he already has 633 post!

should'nt you be practicing or some thing.

5. Brass crusader

Brass crusader Mezzo Piano User

No need to practice when he doesn't play....:cool:

Dylan, thanks a lot! I think everyone's stress level on this site just lessened quite a bit.

6. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    ......let's see, how do you undo that ignore thingy, ...looking, typing....Ah....

7. ChopsGone

ChopsGone Forte User

Jan 26, 2009
    Northern California
    As a general rule, I hate to see anyone banned for mere words. But anyone with so many axes to grind should probably be spending money on a Tormek instead of trumpets anyway.

8. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I feel bad that these things happen. I almost never read his posts. It was too hard. Too much information saying so little. Since I didn't read his stuff I didn't care if he was here.

We all need to develop tolerance. Different people from different places.
    If the dog chewed up your slippers you wouldn't kick him.

The idea is that there will always be someone that we can't get along with and what stops them from changing the screen name and coming back. Maybe they need a new IP address but they can come back.

Just for the record, I do believe that consistently breaking rules is a reason for being banned, I just don't think it's enforceable.

9. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    I feel bad too, but it's not that people don't try to be welcoming, they just get frustrated when their welcoming is rejected.

I made some slight effort to be helpful and it was taken to extremes. In his defense, he apologized when what I said was proven to be correct.

In any event, not following the rules more than thrice will get what the rules say you will get.

Tom

10. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    In my opinion the Mods have exercised an ENORMOUS amount of restraint with this guy. Enduring the endless rants and circular logic on a daily basis would have put me over the edge long ago.

At the end of the day this is a private board, so if you don't follow the rules you will get in trouble...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.