What do people think of this PM when taken with reguard to double standards.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by lovevixen555, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graham

Graham Pianissimo User

Jun 8, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    At the same time, I must humbly point out that this forum rates number 1 on my "most flame-war" liable forum. The amount of times that I have had to trawl through off-topic posts in reaction to certain users' posts has been ridiculous.

In all fairness, I have noticed some provocative stuff being aimed towards LoveVixen. What would you call that above certificate image? Constructive?

Voicing an opinion. I don't agree with LoveVixen's provocative posts, however, nobody asks for a reaction like images and taunting like that. I feel that he/she was viewed as a target and people really jumped on a bandwagon for flaming. All it took was a few bad posts and EVERY post they made thereafter was construed in the worst possible manner, I know that the common argument was that of "watch your tone" and stuff, but when people seem to be actively LOOKING for a nasty tone of post, well....

I feel as if there is some provocation and bad reactions BY EVERYBODY sometimes.

Not that I really care, anyway... This must be viewed from BOTH sides.

2. Graham

Graham Pianissimo User

Jun 8, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Also, this being open slather....

If we seem to be extolling the virtues of forum moderation, appropriate posting and such, HOW IS THIS in the TRUMPET DISCUSSION forum?

Sorry, just sick of having to trawl through irrelevant unmoderated posts ;)

3. edcon1981

edcon1981 Mezzo Forte User

Jun 25, 2008
    Central Jersey
    with an average of 6 posts a day since november and the length of time he's gone with a negative reputation, this was bound to happen.

there's a difference between posting for posting's sake, and "quality posting".

4. Labidochromis

Labidochromis Pianissimo User

Jan 7, 2009
    Armstrong BC.

I completely agree with you regarding maturity and being responsible about what we post. I certainly admit that many posts go overboard regarding expression and for that I am somewhat abashed however.........

This discussion is in the Trumpet forum because she posted it there.

The first four words of her string are "What do people think" admittedly expressing our opinions could have been done with a little more respect.

Thank you for your enlightening post and its meter of reason.

Kindest regards,

:cool:

5. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Hey Clarence,
    This thread is too much like Oprah! I don't know whether to hang around the gallows and watch LV swing or ask for a group hug due to the tragedy.

Here's something that's totally off the current subject I think might be a little MORE FUN!!!! Trumpet Stuff!!

What I came up with is more like looking at valve combos like guitar players look at finger positions. Dig this.

using just the valve combinations (also involves alternate combos) 12 & 13(in a triplet fashion) you can cover the entire ii V7 I for E- A7 and Dmaj7. This is a handy little diddy for turnarounds.
    Played in triplet fashion,
    Start on E (12) and keep 12 depressed for the next two notes A & C#
    Then G (13) and keep 13 depressed for the next two note B & D
    Then A (12) and keep 12 depressed for the next two notes C# & E
    Then B (13) and keep 13 depressed for the next two notes D & F#
    Let me know if it works for you. I find it a great little sequence for some of those pesky ii V7 I's. If this is old hat stuff just hit delete. If you want some other cool valve combos that fit over ii V7 I's let me know.

oldenick likes this.
  6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I think everything has been said.

Publicizing a PM is enough reason to get banned.

This thread is locked down to keep others from piling on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.