What do you do when waiting for your new horn to arrive????

Discussion in 'Horns' started by drac, Apr 7, 2004.

1. drac

drac Pianissimo User

Mar 9, 2004
    Geeze I am two days into my wait and I feel like it has been an eternity. Is there some sort of support group for this type of agony?? Maybe I need to pick up a new hobby in the meatime. Any suggestions would be helpful......

2. ChasStarr

ChasStarr Pianissimo User

Feb 22, 2004
    NE Louisiana
    I've been waiting 2 months! :cry: This is what you have to look forward to: Where's your new horn? (over and over from guys in your band) You didn't order no horn! (see above parenthesis) Nice looking new horn you got there! (same people different day) and variations of all the above! :evil: I special ordered a Kanstul 1600WB and what keeps me going is the fact that it will be beautiful when it gets here, those guys who caused me grief while waiting for it are gonna be so jealous :twisted: and my 30 y/o LA Benge that I'm still playing is still my "baby"!

Patience is a virtue, but waiting still s**ks. :(

I just keep playing.

3. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    OR......... get the manufacturer to send you lots and lots and lots of pictures! :)

4. jman

jman New Friend

Apr 2, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    CS,

What type of finish did you order on the horn? Any other modifications?

5. jman

jman New Friend

Apr 2, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Drac,

Try self-flagellation to pass the time, or knitting. Either one.

6. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    I thought that made you go blind!

;-)

Hang in there. You will love your new WB. I had some extra work done on mine (nickle plated valves and an alignment), and it is by far the best horn I have.

Mike

7. drac

drac Pianissimo User

Mar 9, 2004
    Hmmmm, seems like a few of us are waiting for the same horns!! I have a special order "WB" coming my way also....Can you believe the jack-asses in my band thought it was a plastic trumpet when I play tested a 1600 last week!! Poor souls. Hey CS, I am curious what mods you have on your to make it special order. Mine is coming with a lightweight copper bell. Should be interesting. There may be a "crunched horn" story in my near future......

Jman......careful where you leave your horn...... :twisted:

8. jman

jman New Friend

Apr 2, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    :shock:

9. Zachary Music

Zachary Music New Friend

Nov 10, 2003
    Sorry guys, you can blame me if you like. Its my fault.

I am waiting for 76 Olympus, 10 Flugels, 8 trombones, cornets (including a gold one), 30 round slides and I forget what else.
    This will be followed soon by a Guarnerius order.

They are being made now.
    My brushed Olympus will be plastic, its a new thing we are introducing. :D

Alex

10. drac

drac Pianissimo User

Mar 9, 2004
    :shock:

Ok Alex, I'm going to have to ask you to off load some of your orders. I think TYCO has a new line of plastic trumpets........

By the way, you need to have a Colorado Rep.......