What do you guy's think of a Rimless Bell????

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by lovevixen555, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    [​IMG]

And one in action....
    [​IMG]

Close up...
    [​IMG]

-cw-

2. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Sorry, lv555, I didn't mean to set you off. I have been a do-it-yourselfer, self-taught, my whole adult life. Electronics, engines, computers, woodworking, photography, appliance repair, plumbing, boat repair from stem to stern, jukebox repair, transmission repair, writing, publishing, automobiles, sheetrocking. I was in the Navy, so usually hire painters.

I prefer doing it myself because I am more likely to be pleased with the outcome, and the price. But there is something to be said for stimulating the economy, so when I employ someone else who's skills merit it, I know my dollars will stay in the community and that is a good thing.

It is great to be all around skillful, but it is also important to know your limits.

Have fun with your project!
    veery

I think that tunable bells are totally sexy, CW!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  3. NickD

NickD Forte User

I have two rimless bell horns: my Chicago Brassworks Model GSC designed by Wayne Tanabe and my Model GS New York Trumpet Company cornet. I love them both. I particularly like my GS cornet designed by Felix Vayser and Gary Stoner. It looks coola nd plays great! It is always the subject of discussion when I bring it on gigs (and I bring it on most of them).

Contact Felix and arrange to test some of his rimless horns.

FWIIW coming from me...

Nick

4. bilboinsa

bilboinsa Piano User

Jan 24, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    They're pretty. Nothing like plinking your bell during rests and getting that "ringing" sound.