What do you guys use for chapped lips?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TrumpetsAreFun, Oct 8, 2005.

1. TrumpetsAreFun

TrumpetsAreFun Pianissimo User

Aug 28, 2005
    California
    i have chapped lips so bad that the skin split... should i be worried about anything? What should i use for it? Right now new skin is going over the cracked split chapped skin...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
  3. Dan Gosling

Dan Gosling New Friend

Dec 7, 2004
    Indianapolis
    What do you guys use for chapped lips

Hey All You TMers!

This same issue just came up on "THat oTHer site!" Since there are a lot of ChopSaver fans out there, I often let them do the talking, so to speak. (And thanks for the nice comments on this thread, by the way.) But now and then I chime in. In the interest of equal time, the following is what I wrote on "THe oTHer site" with a few minor changes. And thanks TM for all the support!

(Warning! This is a long post, but there is a reward at the end! Some might interpret this post as an ad. Well, you could hardly expect me not to respond to the man's question. And if there is anyone out there who has spent more time researching this subject, I would enjoy talking to them.

Dan the ChopSaver Guy)

What do I use for chapped lips?

Why ChopSaver, of course! But what would you expect from the guy who invented it!

In case you were ever wondering what these people use, they'll say the same thing: Arturo Sandoval, Manny Laureano, Marie Speziale, David Hickman, Wayne Bergeron, Vince DiMartino, Charles Geyer, Ray Sasaki, John Rommel, Pat Harbison, Tom Hooten, David Bilger, Ed Cord, Joey Tartell, Larry Hall, Mark Curry, Michael Sachs, Steve Pride, Phil Collins, Cathy Leach…
    and those are just the trumpet players!

Here is what I'm hearing from high school marching band kids this fall...

"ChopSaver lets me play LONG after my lips would normally be shot beyond belief!"

"It really is a life saver at football games"

"ChopSaver does help my lips after playing for hours on end"

You hear people talk about arnica (an herb used for bruising).
    ChopSaver's got it. (Along with other herbs known for their ability to heal and reduce inflammation and swelling.)

People talk about Vitamin E
    ChopSaver's got it.

People talk about Shea Butter (a terrific plant based moisturizer that comes from a tree in west Africa)
    ChopSaver's got it. (Along with mango butter, another great natural moisturizer.)

Most people are aware of the healing properties of aloe.
    ChopSaver's got it.

Most products are petroleum based. That list includes Aquaphor, Chapstick, A & D ointment, DCT and Carmex. ChopSaver is all-natural with NO petroleum. I used to use straight Vaseline (petroleum) myself for years and was wondering why my lips were feeling worse all the time. After doing some research, I began to realize that something so closely related to motor oil is maybe not the best thing to be using on my chops.
    Many people would agree that petroleum tends to feel greasy and simply "covers" the lips. A product like ChopSaver protects and heals, but your chops can still "breathe".

As for Burt's, it is probably a better alternative as it does not contain petroleum. But I never liked it as the "mint" smell/taste is way too "cooling". I like to know what's going on with my lips instead of "numbing" them. ChopSaver soothes without that feeling.

People who use ChopSaver and swear by it don't think of it in terms of price, they think of it in terms of value - how it helps them. It is a little more expensive than other products, but no other product gives you this combination of ingredients. And its effectiveness means you don't have to apply as often. Everyone is different, but many people I know make one tube last 3 months or longer.

While I'm at it, let me address the SPF factor. ChopSaver has some natural sun blocking ability and I have heard from many people in sunny climates who tell me it works well for them. It does not contain an added FDA approved sun blocker. In fact, many people find them irritating. That being said, we are working on the second version of the product with SPF.

Another point of discussion - the smell factor. I always found that most lip products smelled awful, so I was determined to find something different and pleasant. ChopSaver contains a blend of 4 citrus oils. Again, everyone is different, but most people report they enjoy the fragrance but don't think it is overpowering.

Finally, the availability factor. ChopSaver has only been on the market for 10 months as of this writing. Unless your name is Johnson and Johnson or some other big company, getting any new product on the market is tough! It takes an unbelievable amount of hard work and determination. That being said, ChopSaver is now available in over 110 stores in 33 states and 6 foreign countries. And the list is growing every week. And the reason it is growing is people are realizing what a great product it really is.

So, here's the "reward" I spoke about. If you've taken the time to read this with an open mind, I thank you! I will send the first 10 people to respond to this a FREE tube. Go to www.chopsaver.com and send me an email from the site and ask for a free tube. If you’re not one of the first 10, go ahead and place an order, mention this post in the comments and we'll throw in another tube FREE! Thanks again for your time!

All the best,

Dan the ChopSaver Guy

4. TrumpetsAreFun

Aug 28, 2005
    California
    Wow. I'm using Vaseline for my chapped lips now.. maybe i should switch to ChopSaver!

5. TrumpetsAreFun

Aug 28, 2005
    California
    *Gasp* I've been using the Vaseline Lip Balm for 2 days. I got it on saturday.. Now my lips feel REALLY soft... and it is weird.

6. Rondawg

Rondawg New Friend

Oct 10, 2005
    DCT. Great stuff.