What do you look for in a band???

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetguy27, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Lionelsax

Lionelsax Mezzo Piano User

May 8, 2013
    No, I'm not offended, I've been offended for a couple of seconds but it was too late.

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Let's keep it on the original topic guys.............................

3. Glennx

Glennx Pianissimo User

Aug 16, 2009
    Ottawa
    Good music.
    Good direction.
    Musicianship.
    Efficient/effective rehearsals (yak later at the pub).
    A serious-but-fun approach to making music (check your ego at the door, please).
    And opportunities to share the results of our fun hard work with the public.

4. BernArt

BernArt Pianissimo User

Dec 31, 2013
    Merida, Mexico
    Hi, I played the cornet (first and second chair) in our local youth symphonic band even when I was not really young in relation to the most other members age
    but I decided to play there (there was no money nor any kind of income...) because this was the only one band of this kind in the city where I live and because I personally love and deeply enjoy listening, studying, playing, music written
    for wind instruments. There is a special strenght, so powerful spirit in this kind of music, produced from the very inside of human bodies and projected sometimes
    to reach the hidden vaults of heavens!... even more when a pipe organ or a choir join the band... no words to describe the effects of this palette of music colors in our souls...