What do you think about the new Martin Committee?

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Fredde, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Fredde

Fredde Pianissimo User

Dec 30, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Just a bit curious, what do you think about the new Martin Committee trumpets made by LeBlanc? I have one and like the sound and feel of it though I found i a bit hard to intonate well sometimes. Any other thoughts?
    /Fred

2. davidjohnson

davidjohnson Piano User

Nov 2, 2003
    arkansas
    i sent mine back after a few days. pretty tone, but the pitch (D/E) was grotesque. swapped for bach anni instead...nice!!!!!

dj

3. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    I picked up one, used, played it for a while and then flipped it. I preferred the Yammy 6310Z at the time. That also got flipped for a Lawler C7. If you want a Committee style horn, I'd recommend you try a Lawler C7 if you can.

gregc

4. Robert Rowe

Robert Rowe Mezzo Piano User

Dec 24, 2004
    What do you mean by "New Martin Committee"? Like, just out; or--the ones that were Holton-LeBlanc, made for the last 10-years or so?

Isn't there new ownership?

Robert Rowe

5. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    new ownership, no new horn, yet......
    gregc

6. Fredde

Fredde Pianissimo User

Dec 30, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I'm thinking about the ones that Le-Blanc made...

7. huntermoss

huntermoss New Friend

Dec 31, 2009
    I played the LaBlanc T465 for a few years. Big, dark sound. Very open blow. Awesome valves and slide action. However, you can tell, just by holding the horn, it was not built with the same care and attention to detail which the vintage horns received. I have since had a Lawler C7 built for me, and just love it!