What happened to...

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by bigaggietrumpet, Jan 17, 2005.

1. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    the Chat room here? Did that get lost in the shuffle somehow? Or was it decided that it wasn't used enough? Just kinda curious.

2. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Yes and Yes. It was lost in the shuffle. It also was decided that it wasn't used enough to go through the process of building it again (note: I do not make final decisions .. the owner of the site does!).

What you see on the header is what is planned. The front page will be redone and we hope to have an advanced classifieds system if all goes as planned. The forum, an employment page and a contacts page.

Step by step. We had to get the board up to level, working, and stable. It seems to be that way now.

Stay tuned ....

Jim

3. fisherman

fisherman New Friend

Jan 9, 2004
    Are we ever going to have a list of active topics again? This seemed to be very valuable in terms of saving time and keeping on top of possibly interesting new topics.

By the way, thank you M&C for all your efforts.

4. bigaggietrumpet

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    yeah, thanks for clueing me in.

Maybe there's some way to make a chatroom outside of the actual site that we can use...

5. MUSICandCHARACTER

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    That is planned for the front page. It will take some time though.

Jim

6. MUSICandCHARACTER

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Do you think there is enough interest in a chat room? With IM, etc. I didn't think it was all that valuable or used. The owner reads the boards. You can make a case. It might be revisited.

Jim

7. bigaggietrumpet

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Well, I'm not here to start the "BRING BACK THE CHAT ROOM" movement, I just really never even noticed it, and had finally started to program myself into going there as soon as I got here. I think it could have its purposes and it would be kinda convenient. But that's just me, and I'm not the one who's running, maintaining, and improving the thing.